Brand Finance has released its inaugural study 2019 report revealing the most valuable and strongest global airport brands.
The report provides a wealth of information and insight from Brand Finance, the world’s leading independent brand valuation and strategy consultants.
“A world class airport hub is one that can operate seamlessly with heavy volumes of passengers transiting, departing and arriving while also maintaining high service standards across its terminals, a superior customer service offering and a pleasant travel experience for customers.” Savio D’Souza, Director of Aviation, Brand Finance
“The most valuable airport brands are those that manage to meet the demands of discerning business travellers and frequent fliers, as well as providing a comfortable and well-equipped environment to accommodate for a family embarking on their annual summer holidays.”
Highlights from the report include:
- Inaugural report into world’s most valuable airport brands ranks Heathrow top of its league, brand valued at US$919 million
- Singapore’s Changi Airport clinches title of world’s strongest and second most valuable airport brand, with a Brand Strength Index (BSI) score of 86.90 out of 100
- French parent company Groupe ADP hold two of the world’s most valuable airport brands, with Paris’ Charles De Gaulle Airport ranked 5th (brand value US$544 million) and Paris Orly Airport (brand value US$152 million) in 24th rank
- 4 Chinese airports make it to the rankings, an indication of high standards exercised in Far Eastern aviation: Shanghai Pudong, Hong Kong Intl, Beijing Capital, Guangzhou Baiyun all feature within world’s top 25 airports
- 5 US hubs are among world’s best: Los Angeles Intl, JFK Intl, Fort Worth Intl, San Francisco Intl and O’Hare Intl
The full Brand Finance Airports 25 2019 report preview is available by clicking here (also available to download).