Brand Finance has released its annual report revealing the most valuable and strongest beer brands.
The report provides a wealth of information and insight from Brand Finance, the world’s leading independent brand valuation and strategy consultants.
“As you can see across this year’s ranking, it is the Asian, particularly Chinese, beer brands that are seeing the highest brand value growth.” David Haigh, CEO, Brand Finance
“With demand for beer at an all time high in China and predictions of inflated growth over the coming years as a result of greater disposable income from the emerging middle class, this trend looks set to continue. If these brands begin to expand beyond China and into new markets, we could potentially see some very stiff competition to established Western beer brands.”
Highlights from the report include:
- Budweiser overtakes Bud Light as most valuable beer brand in world, brand value US$7.5 billion
- Brewing giant AB InBev dominates with 11 brands in the Brand Finance Beers 25 ranking
- China’s Snow and Tsingtao record fastest growth, up 52% and 49% respectively
- Aguila is world’s strongest beer brand, clocking up Brand Strength Index (BSI) score of 88.4 out of 100
- Scotland’s BrewDog is highest new entrant in 19th position, brand value US$1.5 billion
“Now 11 years old, the (BrewDog) brand is undertaking ambitious growth plans across key international markets, with new breweries and bars in the pipeline both at home in the UK and abroad. Its flagship beer, Punk IPA, is already the number one craft beer in the UK and the brand is striving to make it the beer of choice internationally.” Beers 25 2019 Report
The full Brand Finance Beers 25 2019 report preview is available by clicking here (also available to download).