William Grant & Sons
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Wood & Warehouse Support to help raise the bar in terms of Wood and Warehouse Management on behalf of the Stocks Business Unit. The role will involve supporting the Wood Buyer in wood sourcing, wood trading and wood management activities and taking responsibility for wood and warehouse planning and wood quality/stock reporting for the SBU. This is an exciting opportunity, which will involve being a liaison between the Distillery teams, the SBU and our Wood Suppliers, in the provision and collection of information and data required for effective Wood and Warehouse management.
- Develop strong relationships with colleagues across all sites to ensure SBU needs are met in executing ongoing wood sourcing and stock management activities and improvements.
- Manage the SBU’s interface with the Wood Management System and contribute, on behalf of the SBU, to the further development of the Wood Management System.
- Collate and maintain records of cask quality and wood stocks data using the Wood Management System and contribute to monthly Wood Procurement Reports and other Papers.
- Liaise with the site Planning teams and the SBU Inventory Planner to maintain a barrel delivery schedule to record cask receipts and future arrivals; a high-level cooperage plan; and a Warehouse Planning Model showing movements of casks in and out of warehouse.
- Work with the spirit supply teams and Master blender to ensure we maximise the value from cask rejuvenation, the sherry bodega and rum cask replication. Maintain the Sherry Wood models.
- Support the input of the Wood Procurement team in the WG&S CSR initiatives, relating to wood sustainability.
- Work with Inventory Planner and Master Blender to: establish wood procurement requirements (including casks required for Quality Policy purposes and for speciality finishes); produce and maintain detailed Wood specifications; and identify cask innovation concepts. Support Wood Buyer in locating suitable suppliers.
- Liaise directly with wood and cooperage suppliers and customers, including UK and overseas companies, to ensure best value is obtained for quality casks. Lead or support Wood Buyer (as appropriate) in negotiations with suppliers and customers.
- Raise and maintain purchase orders on IFS and support Wood Buyer in managing spend in line with Wood Capital Budget. Contribute to financial planning activities, such as budget setting and 5YP, and maintain wood procurement and wood sales records.
- Prepare, review and deliver accounting, reporting and analysis of Whisky Stocks activities ensuring accurate and timely information is available when required to meet stakeholder needs and to support business decision making.
- Identify and assess the risks, issues, trends and opportunities within the Whisky Stocks team, providing financially focused business support and analysis to support commercial decision making.
- Deliver timely and accurate monthly and year end reporting in line with Group requirements and appropriate support for external audit purposes with appropriate analytical financial commentary to support the reports.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – ability to communicate well with key stakeholders, both internally and externally across all levels.
- Collaborative approach with the ability to inform and influence across all levels of the organisation. A challenging mind-set.
- Commercial acumen
- Strong excel and reporting skills
- Finance background preferred but not essential
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.