100 Queens Quay East, 9th Floor, Toronto
Number of Openings:
Salary / Pay:
$72,205.00 – $130,012.00
Job Posting Description:
This is a Hybrid role
Senior Manager, Transportation
Are you passionate about optimizing the flow of merchandise? Reporting to Senior Director, Transportation you will oversee the daily and long-term activities for the international and domestic transportation movement of product from vendor to customer. You will manage the performance of LCBO Transportation Operations team and service-level accountability with all freight forwarders and carriers, along with supporting escalations and engage supply chain partners. Oversee the importation / exportation of all products and ensure the cost of product movement is reflected in both payments and claims.
If you enjoy finding opportunities for efficiencies and continuous improvement, then this is the role for you!
About The Role
- Manage, direct, coach, and develop staff to ensure Transportation Operations support the objectives, customer service and reputation of the LCBO
- Manage, develop, maintain and review both short and long-term planning strategies for the department, initiating hiring, training and performance reviews to ensure a professional reputation with both internal and external contacts
- Analyze freight movement patterns and methods; provide recommendations for changes that are more efficient and cost-effective
- Provide oversight of freight costing for various LCBO channels
- Oversee In-house Customs Brokerage department and Diplomat ordering program
- Responsible for successfully drafting, evaluating and negotiating Transportation RFPs, ensuring that the terms and conditions in these complex contracts are in line with organization’s strategic objectives
- Oversee transportation contracts, ensuring alignment with scope deliverables, legal frameworks, and company policies and ensure carrier partner service levels are met through monitoring of performance KPIs and adherence to contractual obligations
- Risk Assessment: Identify potential risks inherent in contracts and develop strategic approaches to mitigate them effectively
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Finance, Logistics, or related field
- 10+ years experience in Transportation and carrier management
- Experience with multi-modal importation and outbound distribution from multiple warehouses to retail partners
- 7+ years experience in RFP creation, execution, and contract management
- Extensive Knowledge of Customs and Excise including tariffs, and regulations
- Knowledge of Freight Payments and Transportation Claims practices
- Experience with operating systems and tracking programs related to transportation
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and Power BI
There is a world of opportunities at the LCBO…
Join an organization where you can be challenged while achieving your true potential. A place where you can make a positive impact supporting Ontario business and communities. Discover a safe, healthy, diverse, inclusive, and accountable workplace where your wellbeing is our top priority. At the LCBO, your contributions are respected and valued. Be part of our journey as we invest in people and technology to transform an organization. There really is a world of opportunities at the LCBO.
We foster a culture of inclusion and belonging, so everyone feels valued, respected, and heard. The LCBO is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an interview or employment opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation.
Please submit your resume via Workday by 11:59pm on the deadline date. We appreciate your interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.