Meaningful Work From Day One
This role leads all aspects of Brown-Forman Iberia cluster, responsible for driving performance and ensuring operational excellence with overall responsibility for P&L results and for the long term strategy.
- Spanish direct distribution.
- Portugal, Andorra and Gibraltar with a third party distribution model
The General Manager leads the Iberia Leadership Team composed of 5 team members representing core functions of the organization:
- Spain: Sales as direct report, Finance (includes accounting), Marketing and HR as matrix reports.
- Business Development Manager Portugal/Andorra /Gibraltar as direct report.
- Leads also the Supply Chain Team.
The General Manager is a team member of the SENCE (Southern, Eastern, Northern and Central Europe Region) leadership team and also member of the Extended European Leadership Team.
The scope of work focuses predominantly on the following areas:
- Manage the performance of the different business units in term of revenues, Share of market, Commercial and financial objectives
- Increasing overall management’s effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, and counseling managers; with a strong focus on communicating company values, strategies, and objectives.
- Leads the team by assigning accountabilities; leads the planning, monitoring, and appraising job results while developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities
- Leads the team to develop a strategic plan tackling local market opportunity; presenting assumptions; recommending objectives
- Delivers yearly objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections as necessary.
- Leads Brown-Forman image built in the Iberia market by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees, enforcing ethical business practices.
What You Can Expect
- Organization Leadership:
- The GM is expected to lead by example, conveying the company’s values and ways of working, establishing an enabling culture based on strong collaboration and common objectives.
- Ensure compliance with B-F Code of Conduct, responsible marketing guidelines, and other such codes that may be issued
- Build a succession plan in the organization
- Strategic Planning:
- Lead the development and maintain long-term strategic plans for brands, portfolio, channels, and the organization. Build 3/10 years of mid-term plans with investment proposals to seek growth opportunities.
- Annual planning: lead the development and implement annual budgets in accordance with mid-term and long-term plans.
- Business operations and results:
- Lead the team to develop and implement organizational, processes and systems to ensure operational excellence in all aspects of the business, building on existing best practices from other Own Distribution markets clusters
- Ensure that B-F makes appropriate use of the strength, influence, and synergies of the combined brand portfolio in dealing with both the on and off-trade, as well as appropriate service providers.
- Provide appropriate reporting on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis regarding planning, performance, evaluation of activity, and other relevant environmental issues such as competitor activity, customer conflicts, market conditions, legislation changes, others
- Ensure that all local administrative requirements are undertaken in an efficient and effective manner, complying with local legal requirements and B-F corporate guidelines Builds and maintains strong relationships with key stakeholders, including customers, partners, industry associations and respective government authorities
What You Bring To The Table
- Education: University Degree; Business, Marketing or related area, MBA is a plus.
- Experience: Experience: 10 – 15 years’ experience in FMCG industry, preferably spirits / image products
- General Manager experience required.
- Knowledge of the Iberian markets
- Understanding of On- and Off premise retail dynamics and structure
- Experience in working in an international environment.
- Strong Business Acumen, P&L responsibility
- Excellent leadership skills and people management experience
- Spanish & English mandatory
- Position is based in Barcelona.
Who We Are
We believe great people build great brands. And we know there is Nothing Better in the Market than a career at Brown-Forman. Being a part of Brown-Forman means you will grow both personally and professionally. You will have the opportunity to solve problems, seize opportunities, and generate bold ideas. You will belong to a place where teamwork matters and where you are encouraged to bring your best self to work.
Many Spirits, One Brown‑Forman – We believe that an inclusive culture, one that values the diversity and unique perspective of each individual, allows us each to bring our best self to work and leads to greater teamwork, creativity, and trust.
Cultivating a Caring Culture – We know that our strong culture is one of the many reasons people love working at Brown‑Forman.
Enriching Life. Enriching Careers – At Brown‑Forman, we craft products known for bringing people together. Our employees have made us what we are today and are the reason for our success. Do not just take our word for it. Brown‑Forman is consistently recognized as a Great Place to Work® in countries around the world.
What We Offer
Total Rewards at Brown-Forman is designed to engage our people to ensure sustainable and profitable growth for generations to come. As a premium spirits company, we offer equitable pay structures for individual and company performance alongside a premium employee experience. We offer a range of premium benefits that reflect our company values and meet the needs of our diverse workforce.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.