Belfast Distillery Company
Salary: £30,000 Per Annum
– Employer contributions to staff pension scheme
– 35 days holiday total (10 days off in lieu of bank holidays, 25 days holiday)
– Staff discounts in the retail, tour, bar and café
– Opportunity to cross train in different areas
Who are we?
Here, at Belfast Distillery Company, we have revived a brand established in 1776, J&J McConnell’s Irish Whisky. The hub of Irish Whisky distilling was here, in Belfast, and the home of McConnell’s was at the heart of this in our city. Through a combination of factors (world wars, American prohibition and more) the distillery was forced to close in the 1930s. And now? Well, the legend is re-born. McConnell’s Irish Whisky has been re-establishing itself as an international brand since 2019. With sales soaring worldwide, and winning awards for the quality of our products, we are now creating a brand home for our whisky with the opening of McConnell’s Distillery & Visitor Experience in North Belfast, at the historic site of the Crumlin Road Gaol. Here we hope to honor the history of Belfast’s past while bringing distilling to its future, welcoming visitors from all over the world to see our state of the art Distillery and Visitor Experience. We take pride in our product, our history and our passion for distilling and we will tell everyone who comes to visit us our exciting and unique story. In addition we will be bringing investment and employment opportunities to the local community whilst creating an incredible new tourist destination in Belfast.
Where do you fit in?
Your job is a pretty special one! It is to ensure that, by leading your team, all visitors to the J&J McConnell’s Distillery and Visitor Experience become Brand Ambassadors for McConnell’s Irish Whisky. Irrespective of the visitors going on a tour, visiting the café and retail shop or attending an event with us, your passion, team leadership skills, desire for excellence and customer satisfaction at all times will shine through ensuring visitors have an experience they will never forget.
What will the role entail?
• Merchandising the shop for a WOW factor
• Managing inventory and restocking appropriately
• Assessing the needs and demands of the customers in the retail space.
Leading and developing a team:
• Coaching a team to achieve world renowned standards of excellence
• Monitoring team performance and implementing training plans
Creating a culture:
• Creating a culture of excellent standards
• Living and breathing our brand values whilst building and growing relationships.
• Key holder who opens or closes the experience
• Ensuring everything is prepared to the highest standards
• Communicating goals or feedback for the day
• Creating cash floats/cashing up at the end of the day, monitoring staff rotas
• Stock checking, being present and embodying our values in every conversation.
Who are we looking for?
• Passionate about Belfast and McConnell’s Distillery and Visitor Experience
• At least 1 years’ experience in a similar role
• A clear understanding of stock management, reporting, ordering, auditing stock and utilizing EPOS and stock systems
• Involvement with merchandising and creation of sales displays
• A strong commercial awareness with a proven track record of delivering key performance indicators/maximizing revenue
• Experience leading or managing a team in a customer service/retail environment
• A proven drive for excellence
• Experience leading training and development for the team
• Knowledge of the drinks industry and/or whisky
• Creating cash floats
• Candidate has previously been a key holder
This Retail Team Leader position is in North Belfast, Northern Ireland. You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role.
Think you would be an amazing fit for our team and passionate about our brand?
Please send CV to [email protected] or call our Belfast office on 028 9032 2511 and ask for Kinga.
To apply for this job please visit www.industrialtemps.com.