Balfour Winery is one of England’s leading wine producers and creates award winning wines, beers and ciders in Staplehurst, Kent. The beautiful 400-acre Estate is home to our vineyards, apple orchards and state of the art winery and cellar door.
An opportunity has arisen for a full time Retail and Tour Manager to join our team and manage all aspects of the cellar door retail sales, visitor experience as well as overseeing the tour element of our business including our very successful Balfour Wine Club. You will be expected to continually update and revise our tours as well as quality control all tours ongoing.
Working alongside our F&B Manager, this is a unique and exciting position within the growing English wine industry which encompasses retail, hospitality, and wine tourism, with huge potential for growth. We are looking for a candidate with experience in all aspects who has a positive and proactive approach to wine sales, tastings and creating wine-based events.
- Wine retail experience essential
- Min level 2 WSET
- Reactive and proactive sales approach is essential to the success of this role
- Experience of visual merchandising and shop layout
- Sales and target driven
- Tourism experience an advantage
- Experience in managing a team is essential
- IT literate in Excel, Word and ability to learn new systems when required
- Dynamic, enthusiastic with a great personality for a customer facing role
- Commercial acumen and ability to prepare and manage your own budget, achieving sales targets
- Flexibility and a proactive approach
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to solve problems
- Extremely well organised and hard working and able to work under pressure
What we can offer you:
- Belong to a supportive, close-knit team
- Benefit from a competitive salary and great discounts across our Balfour Pubs and Balfour Winery
- Work for a company that shares your passion for wine
- Company progression opportunities
The job entails working weekends and some evenings
Salary negotiable based on experience
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.