Our vision is to give more by crafting exceptional ultra-premium spirit brands. The Macallan is our central focus, supported by Highland Park and The Glenrothes in the fast-growing single malt category and Naked Malt in the blended malt category. Our portfolio is completed with Brugal premium rum from the Dominican Republic, The Famous Grouse Blended Scotch Whisky, and Wyoming Whiskey and Noble Oak in the American Whiskey category. Edrington also has a strategic partnership with No.3 London Dry Gin.
Remuneration and Package
- Salary £40000- £47500
- 37 days holiday + 4 Giving More Days
- Attractive pension
- Share reward scheme
- Global wellbeing programme
- Product Allowance
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join The Macallan Distillery team in ensuring the efficient daily operation of the production process as Production Team Leader. This role is responsible for ensuring the efficient daily operation of our malt whisky operations at The Macallan Distillery. This involves the daily management of people involved in these processes. The Production Team Leader will be expected to support a culture of continuous improvement to drive performance efficiencies and take responsibility for delivery of KPI’s identified by the Distillery & Technical Excellence Manager. A crucial aspect of the role will involve being a key site contact for facilitating all aspects of distilling and supporting wider Estate activities by working closely with the various teams on site and externally. This role is one of two Production Team Leaders at The Macallan to support the operational and technical excellence requirements by providing suitable management presence at the distillery. This role will typically cover 10:30 – 19:00, however a degree of flexibility is required.
- Manage the distillery and effluent plant operational teams to deliver The Macallan new make spirit (NMS) plan safely and compliantly
- Motivate the team through regular 1:1s with direct reports to discuss performance and development, formally and informally managing employee performance.
- Support The Macallan distillation strategy ensuring optimum distillery performance and full utilisation of assets
- Collaborate closely with The Macallan whisky makers, Liquid Quality and engineering to deliver distillery performance and NMS quality
- Assist the Distillery & Technical Excellence Manager to develop and encourage a continuous improvement culture
- Support strategic trials program, including NMS quality, yield, energy efficiency, water usage, chemicals usage etc., leading innovative workstreams to ensure The Macallan’s NMS excellence
- Support Edrington’s sustainability agenda via energy and water use and waste material management across The Macallan Distillery
- Trouble shooting and problem solving relating to production issues, p romote and maintain best practice in Health & Safety and Environmental standards
- Update production schedules and shift recipes, i dentify and report production plant maintenance requirements
- Supervision of Contractors and carrying out P2W
- Assist the Distillery & Technical Excellence Manager in Complying with the Company’s Management Systems, Including HMRC, H&S, Environmental, Quality, FEMAS and HACCP
- Carry out risk assessments (Task based and CoSHH), w ork with Engineering ensure maintenance, breakdowns and improvements are completed in a timely manner
- As part of a rota, act on call as a Silver Incident Manager to ensure 24-hour process safety and site security controls are adhered to
Skills And Experience
To be successful in this role, you have previous experience gained within a warehouse and/or production environment. Ideally you have an IBD Diploma (or working towards) however this is not essential. You have HMRC and H&S awareness, ideally with suitable qualifications i.e. IOSH Managing Safely. A proven record of people management and leadership. Awareness of environmental regulations. Experience with Microsoft Office packages, particularly Excel. Strong planning and organisation skills and ability to take an innovative approach when appropriate
Employee value proposition
At Edrington, you will experience an incredible culture based on respect and giving more. We are exceptionally passionate about our brands and genuinely care about our people, continually investing in their development and wellbeing. Join Edrington and make a world of difference.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.