WSET (Wine & Spirit Education Trust)
Principal duties and responsibilities:
Understanding customers’ needs
- Create a customer journey map from the educator and students’ point of view.
- Work closely with the Business Development team to gather market-specific insights and strategies to inform the Product Strategy.
- Understand regional variations and demands within the global alcoholic drinks education market.
- Tailor product strategies to address market-specific needs and opportunities, ensuring that the educational offerings resonate with learners in various regions.
Refine product feedback cycle
- Review existing surveys through students’ and educators’ user journeys and consolidate and interpret feedback to gain valuable insights from users.
- Enhance the existing feedback system, leveraging online feedback management tools if needed.
Data-driven recommendation on decision-making
- Analyse data, user feedback, and market trends to make informed decisions and adjustments to product plans.
- Implement solutions to address key challenges in alignment with the digitalized content vision.
Research into competitors and stakeholders across markets and categories
- Work with the R&D team and other product teams to conduct product competitor analysis to gain a deep understanding of how WSET products compare to competitors operating in the drinks’ education domain across different markets and educational categories.
- Conduct research with learners, educators, and industry stakeholder groups to inform product updates and new product development.
- Develop relationships with key B2B clients.
Product strategy and plans development
- Work with the Head of Product Planning and Content Operations to scope product projects and work together to develop a short-term and long-term product plan to deliver our strategy.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to translate our Business Development plans, external and internal analysis and end-user needs into comprehensive product strategies and global and regional product offers.
- Work with the Head of Product Planning and Content Operations to ensure that the product roadmap is aligned with WSET’s broader goals and vision.
- Work with Business Development to develop persuasive business cases outlining potential ROI and market impact.
If you are passionate about transforming education, driving digital innovation, and have a deep understanding of product management in the context of digitalized educational content, we invite you to join us on our journey to reshape the future of drinks education.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to address complex challenges.
- Experience in Product Management in related or comparable industries
- Effective communicator, capable of explaining complex issues to cross-functional teams.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Meticulous attention to detail and professionalism in all interactions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel for data analysis and project management.
- Competence in data analytics tools for informed decision-making.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management, or related fields.
- Willingness to mentor and guide junior team members, fostering professional growth.
Annual Leave – 27 days pa + public holidays, increases with service; ability to buy/sell 5 days
Pension (options available after three months):
5% Employee (EE) 3% Employer (ER) contributions.
Option 1: 3% EE 5% ER
Option 2: 5% EE 8% ER
Option 3: 7.5% EE 12.5% ER
Option 4: 9% EE 15 ER
Health insurance (after three months):
Vitality scheme – post probation – Access to virtual GP appointments, Rewards include Caffe Nero drinks, Cinema Tickets, Apple Watch, Cash Back on Waitrose shopping, Amazon Prime membership, 75% off at Champneys, 6 month subscription with HeadSpace, Discounted Weight Watchers membership and gyms such as Virgin Active or Nuffield Health, Smoking Cessation day worth £300 and half price health screens
Eye voucher scheme
Food and drink in the office
Nespresso coffee makers and a range of other drinks, fruit, cereals, soups
Season ticket & gym membership loan scheme
Group income protection scheme
24/7 confidential help and support from trained counsellors and advisors
Death in service
4x annual salary paid to nominees with associated bereavement support for family
Enhanced family friendly leave and pay
Development – WSET’s in-house training and qualifications in Wines, Spirits, Sake and Beer as well as other professional development opportunities
To apply for this job please visit careers.wsetglobal.com.