Scotch Whisky Association
The post holder will be responsible for maintaining and reporting on the SWA’s presence across social media channels, and for monitoring, responding to and reporting on media enquiries through the SWA Press Office on a day to day basis. You will be accountable to the Communications Manager and will feed into the communications calendar for the year in collaboration with the Communications Manager and Digital Content Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities Include but not limited to:
Social Media and Web content
- Drafting and posting written content for the SWA’s digital platforms, covering key industry priorities under the themes of People, Planet and Prosperity and in line with the SWA’s communications calendar.
- Scheduling posts to ensure an ongoing presence on key digital channels.
- Evaluate metrics from across the SWA social media channels for internal reporting and decision-making.
- Identify opportunities to communicate the Scotch Whisky industry’s priorities in an engaging way, including key red letter days.
- With the support of the Communications Manager and wider SWA team, respond to media enquiries via the SWA Press Office in a timely and efficient manner.
- Support journalists’ requests for quotes or industry site visits by liaising with SWA member companies.
- Maintain the SWA’s media reporting system, and periodically pull reports for internal analysis.
- Support with maintaining industry position statements on key topics.
- Support on drafting and distributing proactive press releases to media.
Solutions and Support
- Supporting the Communications Manager and Digital Content Officer to deliver internal training on social media and digital content creation for the SWA team.
- Occasionally working with the Head of Workforce & Skills to develop and maintain the Spirited Careers website, written content and social media posts with the aim of driving traffic to the site.
- Support the Communications Manager to maintain the SWA website and report on analytics.
Experience & Qualifications
- It is not necessary to be degree educated for this post, but we would like to see at least two years of demonstrable, relevant work experience, and details of any courses or training you think would be applicable to the role.
- At least two years’ experience managing multiple social media channels for a high-profile or highly-regulated organisation.
- Experience drafting written content for web and social media for different audiences
- Experience working to tight deadlines and juggling priorities whilst remaining calm and in control.
- Experience running a press office and/or being the main point of contact for media enquiries.
- Social media – knowing what works, what doesn’t, and the ability to explain why.
- Ability to communicate key messages on a variety of complex topics in a succinct and accessible way.
- Experience managing the expectations of different stakeholders.
- Experience working in a membership or multi-stakeholder organisation.
- Understanding of SEO and website analytics.
- Experience in communicating topical subjects such as sustainability, economic impact or diversity and inclusivity.
- Media-trained, with knowledge of the Scottish and UK media landscape.
- Knowledge of the Scotch Whisky industry.
- Experience using scheduling and analytics platforms (for example, Sprout Social).
- Campaign administration – planning, execution and reporting.
- Good working knowledge of content creation for digital channels.
What’s on offer?
The Scotch Whisky Association, is a prestigious organisation who work for and on behalf of our members to protect and secure a sustainable future for the Scotch Whisky Industry. We can offer the right candidate the opportunity to join a thriving industry with colleagues who have a wealth of experience and knowledge in our industry.
Our People and Culture Plan ensures employees are at the forefront of our minds , some of our benefits are –
- We review salaries annually and work with external consultants to ensure we are a market leader in ensuring our people are rewarded fairly. The salary on offer for this role is – £28000 – £32000 pa D.O.E.
- We hold multiple engagement days throughout the year as well as biannual fun days to take us away from the office to collaborate, communicate and strengthen our team.
- Our people policies reflect our investment in both physical and mental wellbeing. We provide a cycle to work scheme, BUPA healthcare, employee assistance and we invest in retirement and financial training.
- We offer both personal and professional career development opportunities, with a focus on ensuring our people are equipped with the tools they need to enhance their career.
- Our flexitime and hybrid working policies support our people to find the best individual balance between work and life commitments.
We welcome all applications , if you are interested in our role and need to work flexibly in any way such as compressed hours, part time or flexible locations, please apply and let us know what flexible working might mean to you.
To apply for this job please visit careers.scotch-whisky.org.uk.