General Description Of The Role
As the National Account Manager – On Premise, you will be responsible for all aspects of the business partnership between Thirsty Camel Limited and oversee all On Premise Customers within the North Island. Responsibilities include: maximising brand exposure, leveraging category insights, presenting new products and maximising margin mix from promotional expenditure and all business partnership activities.
With the primary objective of this role being to achieve agreed volume, market share and profit targets – this will involve establishing and managing strong commercial business partnership relationships via development of an aligned joint business plan. You will actively seek new opportunities to maximise profitability through effective account management, business development and execution of banner promotional programs.
Key Responsibilities And Activities
Responsibility for Nominated Key Accounts
- Achieve volume, share and profit targets with key On Premise Groups/Customers through aligned business plans, in a way that encourages long term business growth and sustainable business relationships.
- Develop and successfully negotiate business growth opportunities with key customers that drives P&L growth and enhances brand equity.
- Analysis of data and insights of On Premise channel (category, market & customer) making recommendations to support growth opportunities and performance improvements
- Negotiation and execution of trading terms focused on mutual value exchange principles – focusing on optimising trade spend.
- Work closely with Territory Managers – On Premise and National Sales Managers to achieve sales targets and objectives.
- Development of supply forecasts for customer base with demand planning team.
- Build internal capability of key account landscape, key account strategies and build stakeholder support for identified opportunities.
- Development of customer focused presentations – using internal and external data sources for new products, reviews and keeping internal stakeholders informed.
- Management of day-to-day queries and issue resolution for key account base.
- Development and updating of AC Nielsen reports for identified key accounts.
- Ensure all key internal stakeholders are kept well informed of agreements, activities and promotional plans negotiated for key accounts base.
- Review account & promotional performance on a rolling quarterly basis – presenting performance and insights for continuous improvement internally and with key account business partners.
- Liaise with relevant industry bodies.
Cross-Functional Partnering and Team Development
- Ensure that Brand Plans and strategies are reflected within own Key Account promotional programs.
- Work with Marketing team to develop On Premise promotional program plan, supporting key brand activities and timings.
- Execution of new products, as per agreed brand strategies.
- Timely communication of relevant information to the Field Sales team to ensure effective execution
- Ensure compliance is monitored in conjunction with field teams to ensure a maximum return on investment
Internal: North and South Island Sales Managers; Territory Managers – On Premise; Marketing and Customer Marketing teams. Leadership team
External: Promotional/Business Managers, On Premise Group Managers and assistants and Industry bodies.
- 5+ years National Account management experience within FMCG, Liquor/Beverage. Experience within a category team also an advantage
- Degree qualified in Business or Commerce, or equivalent is preferred.
- Proven analytical and financial modelling skills (advanced excel skills highly desirable)
- Proven field sales & key account management experience with an excellent understanding of the FMCG industry
- Proven ability to work cross functionally, identify trends, develop commercial initiatives to address commercial performance challenges
- A robust understanding of the NZ market dynamics is essential
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Customer Management – Understands the needs of the customer and can articulate their business strategy. Actively finds ways to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Financial Management – Can demonstrate the impact on sales, profit, and market share of funds invested with the customer. Constantly pursues ways in which to drive KPI’s and looks for opportunities. Attention to detail when putting together financial justification for investment.
- Internal Stakeholder Management – Communicates unique customer needs to internal stakeholders to ensure success. Is an effective customer advocate, ensuring widespread understanding of customer strategy, and critical success factors.
- Execution and Foresight – The ability to deliver results, overcoming difficulties, anticipating the future of the business/work, and driving change.
- Innovative Problem Solving – The ability to find, implement and disseminate a culture of innovative solutions.
- Team working – The ability to work with others across all boundaries to reach common objectives and extraordinary results.
- Customer Focus – The ability to put himself/herself in the “client’s shoes”, understanding their current needs and anticipating the future ones.
- Business Judgment – The ability to take effective decisions balancing market, products, financial and organizational issues.
- Negotiation – Researching and being clear of the needs of the key stakeholders in the negotiation, and then effectively exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain all stakeholders acceptance
- AC Nielsen – Using the data to form insights, which can be used to activate on both strategic and tactical level with the customer
- SAP – APO – Understanding this software application to communicate volume forecasts to the PSC team is highly desirable
- Microsoft Office Suite – High Level of Proficiency in Excel & PowerPoint. Proficient in other MS office applications
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
At Campari Group we believe in building more value together, thus we see diversity in all forms as a source of enrichment. Our employment policies and practices ensure that we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all aspects of employment without regard to any individual’s race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or characteristics or expression, political affiliation or activity, age, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note to applicants:
Your application will be assessed based on your abilities, expertise, general knowledge and experience, not because of any confidential, proprietary or trade secret information you may possess. You must not disclose to Campari Group any such information. In the event that you are asked a question that cannot be answered without disclosure of any confidential, proprietary or trade secret information (including from a current or prior employer or their vendors or customers), you must decline to answer the question.
Notice to third party agencies:
Please refrain from cold-calling or emailing our executive leadership team or the HR community directly. The Talent Acquisition department manages centralized recruiting operations globally, including the selection and management of external suppliers. Currently, our preferred supplier list is at full capacity. To ensure we have your information on file for future consideration, we kindly request that you complete the online form provided here.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.