National Account Managers – Grocery
Location: GB Market, London
Within the coming months, we will be looking to hire National Account Managers in our Grocery team. Although we do not currently have a live vacancy, we’d like to send you updates when the roles become available.
Register now by applying to this advert, and we’ll be in touch to set up an initial screening call if we feel that your profile is right, before entering you into our talent pool.
Diageo Great Britain (GB) is Diageo’s third largest market, comprising the sales and marketing division of Diageo across Scotland, England and Wales. We are a Global leading premium spirits’ company, and our success is built on a rich British heritage. From John Walker’s genius for blending whisky to Charles Tanqueray’s pioneering London gin, we stand on the shoulders of industry giants and act with the same entrepreneurial spirit and determination to succeed. Diageo has built a strong platform for growth – through investment in its own brands, and by acquisition to broaden the geographical footprint and category depth and range. The company’s strong local business units are well-positioned to win in increasingly competitive and fast-paced environments. Diageo’s portfolio is well-diversified across price-tiers, enabling it to participate where consumer opportunity is greatest, and to capture shifts in consumer preference.
About Our Sales Function
Our Sales team love building relationships, connecting with customers to sell our much-loved brands in new and vibrant markets where they can thrive. They help sell 6.5 billion litres of our iconic brands across 180 countries every year.
We’re operating across different markets, channels and areas of expertise. Using consumer insight and digital platforms, we reach new customers, markets and celebrations to help us achieve our growth potential. We’ll support you every step of your Sales career, as you work with people with diverse talents, backgrounds, and perspectives to realise your fullest potential
More about Diageo is available at its web site: https://www.diageo.com/
- Delivering commercial performance of the account through rigorous account management, unlocking growth and maximising sustainable profitable market share delivery
- Partnering with cross-functional teams internally including customer marketing, category development, commercial finance, demand planning, and back of house customer operations to deliver excellent customer experience and optimized account performance
- Strong ownership of the day-to-day customer relationship through collaboration, effective negotiation, persuasion and conflict management/resolution skills
- Creating the conditions for strong customer relationships through category based selling, collaborative problem solving and
- Act as the voice of the customer internally and an ambassador for our brands, values and spirit of progress externally.
- Deliver annual Net Sales, Gross Profit, Net Working Capital & Market Share targets
- Develop and implement a collaborative Joint Business Plan
- Full ownership of sell in and sell out forecasts and associated trade investment
- Work with customer marketing teams to build and implement great activation plans in line with customer commercial plan
- Work cross functionally to deliver enhanced availability and visibility within the customer account
- Act as a leader within the wider Sales team; embodying the Diageo values and sharing best practice, helping to embed a culture of coaching and development that enhances our commercial capability.
- Delivering top TAG (The Advantage Group) ratings for Diageo through brilliant ways of working and exceptional customer experience
Diageo Leadership standard
Win through Execution
- Sets and pursues direction without guidance and takes a wide view of their accountabilities
- High energy and ambition to achieve successful outcomes and high standards
- Balances analysis and execution and adjusts thinking in the face of new information
- Actively spots opportunities or issues and identifies which are urgent and important
- Generates a range of workable solutions, decides what should be done and takes action
Shape the Future
- Sees the big picture and possibility from multiple angles and through a creative lens
- Frames issues in a way that creates clarity and incorporates others’ best thinking
- Accurately digests large amounts of information and breaks down complex problems thoroughly
- Challenges themselves and others to take on new or unfamiliar tasks and ways of working
Inspire through Purpose
- Finds broader meaning in their work and aspires to make a significant difference
- Reads their environment and understands how culture and context influences people’s perspectives
- Is actively aware of the impact they have on others and tunes in to the needs of individuals around them
- Communicates in a compelling, persuasive and impactful way
- Draws on a variety of influencing styles to engage different audiences
Invest in Talent
- Displays confidence in their ability to meet challenges and succeed
- Maintains belief and optimism and bounces back quickly from setbacks or failures
- Demonstrates a realistic and thoughtful awareness of their own capabilities
- Proactively seeks feedback and development for growth and takes action
- Experience in Sales Account Management within FMCG / global matrix organisations
- Outstanding analytical skills. Excellent commercial competence, P&L knowledge and an ability to think strategically
- Committed and energetic, with a collaborative and problem solving approach
- Standout colleague, focussed on total company delivery, coaching and development
- Strong communication and influencing skills through facts and narrative, confident and credible in front of senior business partners
- -A consistent track record of delivering business results and outperforming in the right way
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including bonus, flexible benefit allowance, product allowance, shares and much, much more!
This is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time and compressed hours. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
To read more and apply, visit www.ourheritageyourfuture.com
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.