via Fluid Fusion
Our client is a European premium wine company delivering exceptional wines to the UK market. With brands from across the continent, this business boasts an enviable portfolio and has ambitious plans for further growth. As a key part of this plan, they require a National Account Controller to manage, enhance and grow business, primarily in On Trade retail whilst developing, implementing and managing the broader On Trade commercial strategy.
About the role
This role reports to the Managing Director and is primarily responsible for the profitable development of sales, distribution and visibility of a high-profile, premium branded wine portfolio across the On Trade with a predominant focus being on major retail customers. In addition, you will take strategic responsibility for the commercial strategy and direct management of a National Account Manager.
Skill & Character Requirements
- Influencing and negotiation: Accomplished sales professional with well-developed influencing and negotiation skills and a broad and deep understanding of the UK On Trade channels and customers, particularly large retail customers.
- Commercial acumen: Analytical and objective with a broad understanding of sales levers, customer strategy and motivation and profit optimisation.
- Strategic and critical thinker: Effectively considers short, medium and long-term business objectives (internal and external) and overcomes challenges to deliver success.
- Strong technical wine knowledge: Readily able to communicate with and influence stakeholders with advanced wine expertise.
- Problem solver: Passionate about the Wines category, a natural and creative problem solver with an entrepreneurial flair and the ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Collaborative and accommodating team player.
- Established and accomplished UK National Account Manager/Controller with a record of responsive and successful customer management across On Trade retail and with exposure to other areas such as HORECA, MPOs etc…
- A data and category-led approach to sales management in the Wine or Spirits market.
- Must have a solid understanding of / passion for the wines category.
- Experience of management of specialist Wine Retail customers
- Network within the Wine buyer community in related channels.
- WSET Level 2 or Advanced (L3)
In return, an excellent salary and package are offered together with an exceptional opportunity to spearhead the future success of a tremendous business.
Candidates must be based and eligible to work in the UK for this opportunity. Please provide your CV (in Word format) and current remuneration with your application. Candidates matching the requirement will be contacted within 2 weeks.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.