The Borders Distillery
This role is based at the distillery Head Office in Hawick. Hours are set to 37.5 per week, outlined as Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm. We are open to the possibility of hybrid working where appropriate.
The Borders Distillery in Hawick opened in 2018 – the first Scotch Whisky distillery in the Scottish Borders since 1837. The distillery is laying down stock for the future release of a Single Malt, whilst also producing gin and vodka, and the recent release of the first Scotch Whisky Blend from the Scottish Borders in 185 years. Our 1837 private cask programme invites people from around the world to purchase their very own TBD cask. The distillery’s production tours are one of the South of Scotland’s most popular tourist attractions, rated 5 stars by Visit Scotland.
This is an opportunity to join the Borders Distillery team and work on developing our capabilities in marketing, brand awareness and community engagement.
Role & Responsibilities
- Create content & publish across all channels, including website, social media and newsletters.
- Maintain website optimisation with SEO scoring and keyword ranking/research.
- Manage digital advertising and influencer relationships.
- Work with Head of Marketing to continuously improve and ‘delight’ the TBD customer.
- Develop and deliver customer communications regarding events, sponsorships, promotions and product launches.
- Support Head of Marketing on the execution of seasonal campaigns.
- Plan and attend events, representing the company and raising awareness of the portfolio.
- Interact with trade customers, introducing them to our product range and seasonal offers.
- Handle sales leads and enquiries, from beginning to end.
- Manage the TBD Trade database, supporting trade customers and distributors with the delivery of assets, brand information, order liaison and administration.
Qualifications & Skills
- All applicants must be over the age of 18 years old.
- Well versed in MS Office, Adobe suite, Woocommerce, WordPress and Google analytics.
- Proficient with the use and measure of social media platforms.
- Experience running paid social campaigns and SEO development would be advantageous.
- Skills in copywriting, photography, film and graphic design are appreciated.
- Confidence in meeting new people and getting stuck into the job at hand.
- Organised and detail orientated, with evidence of delivering superb customer service.
A background in Scotch Whisky or the drinks industry is not necessary, but a willingness to learn is crucial. Our ideal candidate must be passionate about high-quality Scottish exports, and be ready to immerse oneself in the world of fine spirits.
Working at The Borders Distillery
You will be entering a thriving industry that offers a constant run of excitement, creativity and innovation.
- This role is based at the distillery Head Office in Hawick. Hours are set to 37.5 per week, outlined as Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm. We are open to the possibility of hybrid working where appropriate.
- Occasional evening and weekend work will be part of the role, with future notice and agreement.
- 32 days of annual leave per year (including public holidays).
You will have access to the company’s staff benefits, which includes inclusion in our Pension Scheme. Full training will be provided, and self-development will always be encouraged. The team at The Borders Distillery is committed to broadening representation in the Scotch Whisky industry. Whisky should be for everyone, as should Whisky jobs. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.