At Tomatin, we are more than just another distillery. Since 1897 our people have worked hard to build the Tomatin community that exists today and lies at the heart of everything we do. Many of our employees live on site in the distillery houses. It is more than just a job, it is a way of life. This in turn is reflected in the quality of the different whiskies produced at the distillery; every bottle of whisky we make is distilled with pride.
Once the biggest distillery in Scotland, we were capable of producing 12 million litres every year. We now produce just over 2 million with a focus on quality over quantity. The distillery offers a portfolio of single malt and blended whiskies including the Tomatin single malt, Cù Bòcan single malt, The Antiquary premium blended whisky, an array of whisky blends including The Talisman and Big ‘T’, as well as where it all began, with bulk whisky. We have gone from strength to strength and our whiskies are now sold in over 60 export markets.
To keep digital content up to date, across the brand websites, knowledgebases and social media platforms ensuring the brands are beautifully presented. Help create rapid growth in our B2C business by providing a best-in-class retail presentation and increase tour booking via our website. This role will also provide support to our Visitor Centre, and administrative support to the wider marketing team.
Digital Support (60%)
- Website Admin – Support the Senior Brand Manager in developing and finessing the brand websites, ensure the websites are optimised for easy use by consumers and drive traffic and sales as a result.
- Social Media Admin – Support the Senior Brand Manager in developing an annual Social Media plan that will step change consumer engagement. Working with external suppliers, ensure an always on response system, to build a strong relationship with our consumers and deliver a community feel to our SM platforms. Continually work on fresh ideas and authentic “from the distillery” content that is both incredibly sticky and drives viral distribution.
- Knowledgebase Admin – Keep the content on the knowledge base up to date and easy for our customers to navigate. Create campaigns and communication to drive traffic to the knowledge base and that encourages our partners to download and use the content we produce.
Visitor Centre Marketing Support (20%)
- Working with the VC management, develop an annual marketing program aimed at increasing visitor numbers in line with annual targets.
- Using a range of media and activities promote the visitor centres experiences.
- Create SM content from the VC that both promotes our brands and encourages visits.
- During quiet season, focus on attracting locals to visit the distillery to smooth demand across the year.
- Support in organising and execution of local events and activities to create a strong brand image and encourage engagement with the distillery.
Wider Marketing Support (20%)
- Insight and Research (All Brands) – Coordinate tracking and analytics data, providing insights and proposals aimed at optimising our site traffic and effectiveness.
- Brand Champion – Respond to consumer brand enquiries. Regularly attend consumer, trade events and work in our VC to promote our brands and generate content which can be used on our digital platforms. Be an ambassador for our brands (internally and externally), able to talk with confidence and authority our about our portfolio and products.
- General Admin – Help to keep the shared files and documents up to date and in an easy to navigate format. Help with event coordination, bookings and administration. Keep brand, company, sales and POS presentation materials up to date, making it easier for the teams to adapt and personalise to their needs.
The above duties and responsibilities are not an exhaustive list and you will be expected to perform different tasks commensurate with your role and as necessitated by your role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation. For developmental or operational reasons this role may occasionally contain some elements of work that are either more or less demanding than described above.
- Educated to HND level in Marketing/Business-related subject OR with equivalent work-related experience.
- Degree in Marketing or business-related subject.
Skills and Experience
- A background in Scotch Whisky or the drinks industry is not necessary, but a willingness to learn is crucial, and a desire to immerse themselves in the world of Scottish whisky and fine spirits.
- A creative marketer that is excited by all things digital, possesses strong communication skills and is passionate about brand storytelling and content creation.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with a keen attention to detail.
- The ability to translate analytical data into clear actionable reporting.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise assignments, and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Are proactive – comes with solutions to problems.
- Thinks outside the box and uses initiative to help deliver copy, content, and presentations.
- A team player – someone that can build rapport quickly with a variety of personality types. Understands the value of collaboration & is someone people navigate towards & enjoy working with.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Experience of working in sales, marketing or a related role within the drinks/tourism sector.
- Content creation: proficiency in creating and editing various types of content, including blog posts, videos, short form videos etc.
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe Suite.
- Professional certifications in digital marketing such as Google Ads.
The role will involve working from our distillery home, (in the centre of all the action!)at least 60% of the time, as such you will require to have a regular means of transport to attend the Distillery. Whisky should be for everyone, as should Whisky jobs. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
The hours of work are 35 hours per week, 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am to 1.30pm on a Friday. there is some flexibility on the start and end times of your day which will be discussed at interview.
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience and will include an annual bonus payment linked to achieving set objectives and goals.
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.