Whyte & Mackay
Job Title: Market Specialist
Function: Supply Chain
Location: Glasgow Head Office / Grangemouth (One day each week in each site)
Contract: Full Time / Permanent – 35 hours p/w – (Mon – Thu 08:30 – 17:00, Fri 08:30 – 13:30)
Date vacancy will close: Friday 26th January 2024. Where we receive high numbers of applications we may close vacancies early. If you think this is the right opportunity for you please don’t delay in applying!
Who we are:
Born in Glasgow, made in Scotland and enjoyed around the world. Whyte and Mackay is home to a collection of multi-award-winning global whisky brands led by The Dalmore, Fettercairn, Jura and Tamnavulin. Our mission is to be a driving force in whisky, renowned for building brands that stand-out. Enabled by our brilliant community of 700 colleagues, reaching across 16 countries and counting. We’re led by our values, continuing to grow and invest and looking for great talent to join our brilliant community. Ready to hear more?
What the opportunity looks like:
The Market Specialist role is an operational role responsible for ensuring that all aspects of customer orders are processed in a timely and accurate manner. Through your organisational and relationship building skills you will deliver excellent customer service and engage effectively with both internal stakeholders and customer whilst embodying our company values.
To accomplish this you will be enthusiastic, adaptable and customer focused, with excellent communication skills to drive and deliver excellent customer service in a fast paced, changing environment. You will be comfortable to challenge the status quo, look for improvement opportunities and be driven to deliver excellence in this critical operational role through a value-added approach to customer service.
- Responsible for the administration and execution of cased and bulk orders from initiation and processing through shipping to delivery and resolution of any post-dispatch issues.
- Monitoring of orders from account set up and point of order receipt until post-delivery, ensuring all required elements are in place to facilitate dispatch.
- Completion of appropriate documentation in line with country and HMRC legislative requirements.
- Liaise with internal functions across the Supply Chain including Production, Warehousing and Demand Planning as required, with respect to availability of orders for production / dispatch.
- Build strong relationships with customers through excellent communication, ensuring all aspects of order fulfilment are supported.
Skills and experience that will help you be a success:
For this role we’re looking for:
- Previous experience within a Customer Operations role preferably FMCG or Drinks industry.
- Understanding of the complexities involved in the movement of goods internationally.
- A strong track record of providing a high level of customer service and administration, consistently delivering accurate and professional levels of support to the wider business.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritise tasks.
We believe that everyone has the potential for growth in our roles! You may feel you don’t tick every box for this role, but if you believe you have relevant experiences that could help you succeed we’d much rather you apply rather than rule yourself out based on any self-limiting beliefs!
Why join us:
Offering a competitive salary, bonus package, life assurance, competitive pension, excellent product allowance, 35 days annual leave, plus enhanced family friendly policies.
Now is a great time to join the Whyte and MacKay community!
Our application process:
If you like what you’ve read and want to explore this opportunity further, please apply before the closing date listed at the top of the advert.
Our team read each and every application, therefore you’ll hear back from us in due course.
Should you require any adjustments to our recruitment process to help you be at your best then please contact us at [email protected] and we’ll do what we can to support.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.