Frey Ranch Distillery
Role: Market Manager, Frey Ranch Farm + Distillery
Reports to: Commercial Director
Location: Southern NV (Las Vegas Metro)
Frey Ranch Brand Overview
Frey Ranch Farm + Distillery is located in the high desert of Northern Nevada, just east of the Sierras. The desert yields to a lush 1,500-acre oasis of corn, rye, wheat and barley. It’s here that the journey of Frey Ranch Bourbon begins.
Frey Ranch co-founders Colby + Ashley Frey grow 100% of the grains for their whiskey on the Ranch, taking the knowledge of the past while looking to the future. The result is a creation of the best expression of the grains they so carefully and sustainably cultivate to bring Frey Ranch Whiskey to a new generation of whiskey drinkers.
Backed by significant aged whiskey inventory + a healthy A&P budget, Frey Ranch distillery is poised to lead the Farm Distillery movement and continue to build on our momentum and success, all the while having a lot of fun doing it (this is Whiskey after all!).
Job Description Summary:
· Ability to balance long term brand-building with mid-term sales results
· Execute key sales drivers across your assigned territory/region including distribution, back bar, and shelf visibility, displays, menus, tastings, staff training, and POS merchandising
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with key accounts and trade partners
· Build/manage distributor relationships within your geographical area
· Build/manage + understanding ways of working within Casino/Resort channel.
· Expected to be in the field on average 4 days per week visiting key accounts, working with distributors, or independently calling on accounts.
· Educate and train distributors with a focus on building understanding and knowledge of Frey Ranch Farmers + Distillers products and brand story, as well as joint account business building and execution.
· Serve as the communication lead between key customers, wholesalers, and internal teams.
· Work with on premise customers to develop our brands through placements, features, menus, promotional events and staff education
· Motivate local distributor partners to achieve incentives and execute programing across assigned territory
· Attend and lead distributor General Sales/team meetings and presentations in market
· Support brand initiatives and visibility efforts in the local market; source, assess and execute local events designed to drive consumer trial + awareness
· Organize Farm + Distillery Visits with trade and key influencers to the Frey Ranch in Fallon, Nevada
· Ensure that Frey Ranch is an active and contributing member of the local bartending community (USBG support, etc.)
· Organizing founders’ market visits including coordinating dates and itineraries
· Manage local POS inventory
· Manage KARMA data entries and complete all required account surveys (pricing, POS)
· Manage Local Marketing and T&E budgets
· Non-traditional hours including nights and weekends. (Weeknight and weekend events, trade shows, activations, and off-premise tastings)
· Must have liquor sales experience, background in distributor and/or supplier experience is required
· Knowledge of spirits industry including the on & off premise, multi-unit accounts and the three-tier distribution system
· Knowledge of On Premise/Casino & Resort a plus
· Exceptional communication and time management skills; liaise confidently with internal team and distributor representatives
· Must have deep knowledge of the whiskey category and competitor brands
· Budget management
· Strong presentation skills
· Proficient in MS Office and Google Workspace
· Bachelor’s degree and/or minimum of 3 years of experience in alcohol industry sales
· Proficient computer skills including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
· Strong relationship-building skills
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Strong planning & organizational skills
· Demonstrated success building partnerships across organizational boundaries
· Ability to generate creative solutions under deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to collaborate and take direction from supervisor as well as the executive team and founders
· Flexible, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects independently and with a team.
· Strong ability to self-manage and manage schedule to achieve results
· Entrepreneurial Mindset
· Willingness to Travel
· The candidate must reside in the territory
· A valid driver’s license
Desired Personal Attributes
· Proven ability to balance relationship-building with selling efforts
· Someone who shares Frey Ranch’s team values of working hard, day-in and day-out but also taking the time to celebrate our success
· Accountability: Works autonomously and delivers against established brand and sales goals
· Consumer Orientation: Understands consumer targets and how brand and channel fit with consumer motivations by occasion
· Professional Demeanor: Is timely for all meetings, dressed appropriately, always practices responsible drinking habits, and prepares for meetings in advance.
· Ability to work in a dynamic start-up environment, sometimes with very little direction or structure
Essential Physical Functions
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Enters and locates information on computer
· Creates documents, reports, and event recaps
· Ability to lift & carry weight in excess of 40 lbs
· Ability to sit/stand for prolonged periods of time, often long periods in a vehicle
· Ability to pick up and transport Point of Sale (POS), event equipment, and product
Tips: Provide a summary of the role, what success in the position looks like, and how this role fits into the organization overall.
[Be specific when describing each of the responsibilities. Use gender-neutral, inclusive language.]
Example: Determine and develop user requirements for systems in production, to ensure maximum usability
[Some qualifications you may want to include are Skills, Education, Experience, or Certifications.]
Example: Excellent verbal and written communication skills
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.