The Market Development Manager partners with the Commercial Director to accelerate Sazerac’s market share of our BCSP/SSP (priority) brands. To secure, improve and scale up plan execution in Caribbean. Directs and develops high-value sales programming, in collaboration with the distributor network, to accelerate sales velocity of Sazerac brands by utilizing the most effective and efficient (high ROI) brand drivers in the marketplace. Programming responsibilities include developing and managing price strategies, negotiating, and measuring distributor KPIs, evaluating execution and promotions performance, monitoring and acting on competitive activity in the market, collaborating with distributor`s field execution team to set and support volume goals and KPIs, localized brand planning execution.
Additional responsibilities for the Market Development Manager include
- Ensure that I have a prioritized PDS plan, along with tangible action plans and am making progress against these action steps.
- Achieve volume objectives for the Brand Country State Priorities in market. Use KPI’s to ensure that execution standards are achieved in market. Monitor results through the use of KPI tracking and COGNOS and provide feedback to the Region Manager and Distributor. Partner with distributor on new item set up, NBD forecasting, brand education, sales support to ensure successful partnership.
- Execute on the identified Priorities, Projects and Tasks to ensure that market is properly focused on the highest priority and highest reward project. Monitors performance of these activities through distributor and Key Account personnel.
- Update the market key retailer contacts information in the Key Contacts Access System
- Ensure execution of initiatives within an account base that will include national account retailers. In partnership with the Region Manager, provide feedback with the appropriate National Account Manager.
- Manage market budgets to achieve Fiscal Budgets. Track Spending vs. Budget to achieve Brand Contribution goal. Develop Expense Tracking system to manage all expenditures against budget.
- Identify, develop and propose strategic pricing opportunities throughout the year that are consistent with brand positioning strategies in the market. Recommend these opportunities to the Region Manager for approval. Communicate the approved changes to the distributor/broker and customer service.
- Ensure that the brands in the portfolio develop and perform in a manner consistent with the company’s overall strategy. Manage timelines and budgets to successful implementation. Build the brand portfolio to capture formidable market share and brand contribution over the long term.
- Build and maintain great relationships and secure great execution in retail off premise accounts as measured by sales drivers and KPIs.
- Job responsibilities may vary by state depending on regulatory and compliance standards for the state.
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours (nights/weekends)
- Working knowledge of MS Office Products (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong ability in self-management and manage schedule to achieve results
- Ability to work cross-functionally with agent/distributor.
- Prioritize resources in highest volume potential accounts, in collaboration with Agent/Distributor partners.
- On and Off Premise sales experience
- Market development and sales analysis experience
- Ability to develop customer relationship
- Distributor and/or broker sales management background
- 3 years experience in Distributor Management or Key Accounts with a proven track record of success
- Fluency in Spanish
- Ability to travel up to 75%
Salary range – $69,883 – $107,970
- Placement within the salary range is calculated based upon years of directly relatable experience for the position.
- The salary range refers to base salary only and does not include car allowance, annual bonus, fuel or cell phone reimbursement
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.