Lark Distilling Co.
Our vision is to be a global icon in single malt whisky, while being considered the most innovative distillery in the world. At LARK, we are committed to creating a new world of whisky. One that is inclusive, unexpected, and limitless, and our ambition is to make LARK a globally consumed, recognized, and loved Tasmanian brand icon that all Australians can be proud of.
Lark feels like a big family, but we are a family that strives for excellence in everything we do. We recently had the honour of being awarded two prestigious Master Medals at the World Whisky Masters, held in London for our new-to-market Tasmanian Peated and our limited edition winter release, Dark Lark. Lark was also awarded a further eight Gold and one Silver medals, a testament to our unparalleled dedication to our craft and pushing the boundaries of whisky production.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated and results-driven Sales Manager for Tasmania to join our LARK team.
Following the strong growth of the Lark Whisky brand, we are on the hunt for a dedicated and passionate Sales expert, who has excellent communication and relationship management skills. You will have experience in managing key groups and customers, winning new accounts across On & Off-premise, negotiating and product ranging. You will have a proven track record in sales, ideally in a fast paced and growing industry, and be equipped with highly developed planning and analytical skills. This role covers the entire state of Tasmania.
As our Sales Manager, your role will be critical in developing and executing our sales strategies to maximise our brand presence and foster business growth within Tasmania. You will be our brand ambassador, responsible for establishing and maintaining strong relationships with key customers across on and off premise, whilst successfully driving sales objectives.
- Develop and implement sales strategies and initiatives to achieve sales targets.
- Manage existing relationships, and build new ones with wholesalers, key groups and independent liquor stores, bars, hotels, restaurants and other relevant outlets to ensure optimal product placement and sales volume.
- A thorough understanding of our product range and its positioning in the market.
- Conduct regular market analysis and competitor research to identify opportunities for growth and stay ahead of industry trends.
- Collaborate with and support our Marketing and Hospitality teams to develop effective campaigns and events that enhance brand visibility and increase sales.
- Attend industry trade shows, exhibitions and events to showcase our products and represent Lark at a state level.
- The ability to analyse data, develop sales strategies, set goals, plan, manage your time and risks, to ensure all targets are achieved and relationships with stakeholders are strengthened.
- The ability to work autonomously, as well as part of a winning team, particularly with the other Sales Managers, but also across other functions of the broader team.
- To be open to travel each month around the State and be away from home a hand full of nights per month.
- Proven track record in sales, ideally within the liquor industry and with a focus on premium spirits.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully develop and implement sales strategies to achieve and exceed targets.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- An understanding of the Tasmanian liquor industry with established contacts and networks is highly desirable.
- A high level of computer competency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and sales CRM software (ideally Rhino).
- A high level of motivation and a strong drive to succeed.
- Accountability and Ownership.
- Strong Prioritisation and Time Management skills are essential.
- Strong values and ‘can do’ attitude.
- Exceptional presentation skills and integrity in business dealings.
- Strong negotiation and customer planning skills.
- A self-starter who is comfortable working autonomously as well as effectively as part of a team alongside the other State Sales Managers.
- Curiosity with a data mindset – finding and executing the ’so-what’.
- Customer first mindset – service oriented and responsive.
Desire to learn and grow with the business
- Highly motivated, self driven and results-oriented with a genuine passion for sales.
- Flexibility to travel within Tasmania and occasionally interstate.
What you can expect:
- An opportunity to join a dynamic, fast-paced business in an exciting and growing industry.
- A supportive and highly experienced team and culture
- Exciting opportunities for personal growth and career development
- Access to some of the most talented and creative minds in the whisky industry today
- Generous parental leave policy
- Wellness Incentives and access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Product Allocation
If you are a dynamic and driven sales professional with a genuine passion for whisky and Tasmania, along with the desire to be part of a world-class company, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your experience and why you believe you are the perfect fit for this role.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.