We are looking for an experienced Head of UK Sales to join our epic team and assume responsibility for our UK commercial P&L.
If you are looking to feel great every morning, spring out of bed and shout “I’m going to change the world today” please read on. With a vision to become the world’s leading nature driven and natural flavour drinks business, you not only get to sell the tastiest drinks in the world but you get to feel good about doing it.
Established in 2012 by Tom and Tina Warner, Warner’s Distillery is the world’s leading farm-born spirits producer, crafting delicious drinks in harmony with nature on our farm in the village of Harrington, Northamptonshire. Our process is focused on creating the best-tasting spirits that are also best for the planet combining traditional distillation techniques and the best natural ingredients for the best flavour. Proudly a B-Corp certified business and available in 30 countries, our portfolio is driven by innovation through all things nature and comprises two brands: Warner’s Farm Grown Spirits and Trash and Treasure Spirits.
We are looking for a sales legend to come and lead the charge for our brilliant customers alongside our founders. With a proven track record of driving sales growth, your expertise across channels is second to none with a special love for, and tenure in the on-trade. Your commercial experience and networks have given you an opportunity to lead and inspire others in a variety of roles to achieve great things.
Join us and help build enduring relationships that leave a positive mark on our team, the global drinks industry and the planet, lead a farm grown sales team and portfolio that is united, not only in spirit, but by a passion to create magic and a desire to shape the future of our business whilst rolling up your sleeves and getting stuck in.
If this is you and we talk your language, we want to hear from you.
This role forms part of our leadership team, so you will have an important role in helping the founders and board shape the future of the business, helping us help the world drink better while doing our best for the planet!
Applications close midnight Sunday 18thFebruary.
- Responsible for the UK commercial P&Lwhich requires working at both a strategic & operational level. The role will operate across both the on and off-trade channels as well as online & owned ecommerce and will work in lock step with our International and Marketing teams.
- Customer first: Our people come first and our customer leads this as without them we would not exist, alongside our founders and with Tom Warner as your lead brand ambassador you will nurture and develop critical existing and new relationships with our customers and distributors across the UK, driving collaboration, support and commercial results to ensure that our portfolio of brands continue to secure a disproportionate share of shelf/backbar/menu and beyond.
- Win in the On-Trade: Nurture and build our brilliant on-trade business back to pre-pandemic success levels. In conjunction with our distributor partners drive all the love from our farm into our brilliant customer relationships across regional and national on-trade groups and IFT, which are at the beating heart of our business.
- Win in Grocery:A critical channel to drive scale and brand presence, maintain & strengthen our position in National Prestige and Grocery where we are just beginning to establish a healthy presence.
- On-line, ecommerce and 3rd party:help us build upon the great foundations for growth in this channel.
- Build and win New Pipeline: Identify and attack white space and key areas of opportunity by channel and regionally across the UK.
- Pricing & promotions strategyhelp us refine and develop across channels to maximise contribution & consistency.
- Market insight driven: Drive our solution selling approach, listening and learning our customers’ needs to help drive our epic innovation platform & delight customers to drive business growth.
- People Responsibility: Lead, inspire and coach a small team that are passionate and capable brand advocates, working in lock step with our marketing team to deliver true business and customer success. Maintain and build our entrepreneurial, engaged and dedicated ‘United in Spirit’ culture within the sales team and across the business.
- Report on and drive KPIs: Reinvigorate our CRM system driving customer action & sales wins for business and customer relationship maximisation.
- Epic drinks: Support and uphold our commitment to the best quality and highest safety standards of both our products as well as our sites and operations.
- Live our values to be “United in Spirit” as a team and helping us strive to “Do the Right Thing”as a business, putting people and planet alongside profit.
- United in Spirit:Support and adhere to our commitment to providing an environment where everyone can be their authentic self and flourish, regardless of beliefs, characteristics, background, or preferences and without any bias. We are one team. We are all equal. We are United in Spirit.
- Proven experience of sales growth at a senior level in the BWS industry with a strong base of commercial experience and network in all channels.
- Minimum 3+ years senior level on-trade experience (Head of On-trade or equivalent).
- The ability to instil energy and confidence, driving incremental business opportunities and momentum by taking our ‘Act Like a Founder’ approach with an Impact vs. Ease of execution filter – driving focus, action, and results.
- Strong leadership experience: you’ll be driving ACE (alignment, capability and empowerment) in your team, with high levels of commercial curiosity & desire to continually improve yourself and our team.
- Entrepreneurial, problem solving, action oriented with a customer centric approach.
- Possess the skills, experience and desire to be both strategic as well as hands on to drive success; not just setting the plan but driving the action and managing delivery against it. We are a team a team of doers, not managers!
- Excellent networker and a natural leader with powerful communication, emotional intelligence and influencing skills.
- Strong team player with the ability to build strong and lasting relationships across the business, there are no ivory towers on the farm just hard work, muddy hands, warm hearts, and the positive can-do passion to succeed.
- Progressive, forward thinker; able to spot trends and act to ensure competitive advantage.
- Attention to detail and follow through on actions.
- We remain an entrepreneurial founder-led business, so there’s a requirement for a flexible approach to working in an exciting and fast-moving environment.
- Significant commercial management experience, ideally in FMCG/CPG with a large portion of that time in the on-trade
- Ideally having start-up and growth business experience where enabling space for curiosity, innovation and quick but considered decision making to drive forward momentum is critical. Some structured business environment experience is helpful.
- Build and execution of strategy and joint business plans with national customers.
- Budgeting, forecasting, costings and commercial planning.
- Management of third-party distributors
- Management of defensible pricing strategy
- Drinks industry knowledge is essential
- Regional & national on-trade knowledge and relationships are essential
- Route to Market channel
- Successful commercial delivery of through the line campaigns
- WSET Qualification preferable (but not essential)
- Preferably educated to degree level (but not essential)
- Full driving licence
- Requires occasional weekend and evening working to support physical and virtual events
- Hybrid working between field, head office in Northamptonshire and home
- Nationally mobile
If you have the skills, experience, and drive to be a part of our exciting future we want to hear from you.
Please send your CV to [email protected] along with a covering letter explaining why you wish to join our epic team and how your skills, experience, and qualifications align with the role requirements. Please also detail your salary and package requirements.
Closing date for applications midnight Sunday 18th February 2024 – no agencies please
For more information about our amazing business and team, please go to:Working at Warner’s – Warner’s Distillery Ltd (warnersdistillery.com)
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.