El Rayo Tequila
Reporting directly to the Co-Founder we’re looking for a tenacious, ambitious and wise commercial voice to enter the fold and shape our sales strategy for years to come. You will be the commercial lead within the business, developing the plans that are going to build a category defining brand.
We’ve given you a nice head start though, having launched in our first two national grocers this year (Sainsbury’s & Waitrose) alongside being poured in over 750+ of the UK’s most prestigious bars & restaurants – Sushi Samba, The Botanist, Fullers Pubs to name a few.
You’ll be expected to build and nurture a team of superstars in your image immediately, fostering an ambitious culture and ensuring they deliver on key growth KPIs.
This is a hugely exciting opportunity for someone to stamp their own mark and personality on one of the most disruptive brands in the spirits industry.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating and leading our 5 year commercial strategy in line with our wider plans for the El Rayo brand.
- Developing effective ways to deliver growth and profitability across all sales channels, with a particular focus on our two key channels; On Trade & Grocery.
- Taking complete ownership for the bottom line (full P&L accountability) and ensuring that the sales team is aligned to our commercial strategy.
- Owning the sales forecasting process, reporting against targets on a monthly basis and presenting clear commentary on the performance of each sales channel to the co-founders and wider team.
- Leading commercial discussions with key accounts both new and existing and developing joint business plans and proposals that win new business and drive higher ROS with existing customers.
- Maintaining a clear CRM plan with a detailed pipeline of new business.
- Building a team of sales superstars beneath you with responsibility for shaping the growth of the team in years to come.
- Full management responsibility for the internal sales team and our external On Trade sales agency Nightcap.
- Supporting your team in every aspect of their role and building clear frameworks for personal growth and career progression. This will involve setting clear goals that are reviewed on a weekly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Owning the collaboration with our ops team to ensure availability at all times.
What You Might Look Like
- 5+ years of commercial experience within FMCG (ideally Spirits). This has involved managing a high growth brand across a variety of sales channels with a clear strategy for growth.
- A complete understanding of the UK drinks market, with a particular focus on both the On Trade & Grocery.
- A proven track record of exceeding high growth targets and winning new business that helps define the legacy of a brand.
- An expert negotiator with a personable approach who builds and nurtures long term relationships.
- An ambitious leader who inspires the team around them and wants to motivate and shape a team for years to come.
- Totally at ease with full P&L accountability and highly skilled with spreadsheets, you have an ability to use data and insights to shape commercial narratives and provide compelling case studies that win new business.
- You take initiative and have a natural creative flair when it comes to problem solving.
Perks and Extras
- Competitive salary and equity scheme.
- 25 days holiday.
- Full private medical insurance.
- Flexible working – more in than out of the office.
- Monthly team socials and events.
- Annual personal development budget to hone the skills required to excel at the role.
- Annual creativity allowance to keep you inspired and curious.
- Monthly wellness allowance to relax and unwind (however you see fit).
- Free Tequila obviously.
- Start Date: March 2024
- Salary: DOE
- Location: London
- Hours: Full Time
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.