Having recently celebrated their 30 year anniversary, this business is a group of adventurous, grounded, skilled and forward-thinking whisky-makers. With a Fife distillery that builds on malt whisky tradition, while actively exploring and pushing the limits of Scotch whisky. From grain to bottle, they want to excite the malt whisky drinker by taking an innovative approach in everything they do, in order to push the boundaries of flavour.
This company is highly regarded as experts in developing new brands, with a mission to maintain a strong focus on building world class brands and to persistently excite both customers and consumers.
A hugely exciting opportunity has arisen for you to join the team as their Group Finance Officer based in Glasgow.
- Managing the processes for daily financial operations and accounting, and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting through to final audited Accounts
- Develop and control annual budgeting and forecasting models to ensure that all financial targets are set
- Preparation of monthly reports for management and the group allowing the business to be efficiently managed
- Assist in operating and managing the company’s SAP software so that systems are aligned to business needs
- Providing financial support for other departments and management, including recommendations to management on finance, investments and new projects
- Providing leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting team and ensure professional and personal development
- Assist in the management of business cash and liquidity requirements
- Assist in the management of whisky stocks in accordance with the companies’ strategic business plans
- Managing the processes around risk and compliance management and administrative business procedures, including internal audit and financial controls
- Manage VAT, Corp Tax, Companies House matters and the annual audit process
- Manage and arrange company insurance, utility supply agreements and property rates for distillery
- Establishing and developing relations with customers, suppliers, auditors, advisers and other stakeholders
- Gain a working knowledge of the business, the processes and the people and the industry it operates within
- Strong IT skills, including Excel and preferably experience with SAP software system
This is a hugely exciting opportunity to work with some of the best in the industry, and a true ‘Employer of Choice’, preserving their legacy and fuelling future growth in the world of Scotch Whisky and Premium Spirits.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.