The HEINEKEN Company
The Global Upstream Manager is a key leadership role within Heineken, responsible for overseeing and optimizing the upstream sourcing strategy for glass bottles and Paper materials. This role is instrumental in supporting Heineken’s Circularity initiatives, focusing on sustainability, waste reduction, and circularity within the supply chain. With an approximate annual spend of EUR 650 million, the Global Upstream Manager plays a pivotal role in shaping Heineken’s approach to responsible sourcing and supplier management.
As Global Upstream Manager at our global head office you are responsible for:
1. Strategic Sourcing: Develop, implement, and execute the upstream sourcing strategy for glass bottles and Paper materials. Collaborate closely with category teams to ensure alignment with Heineken’s global objectives.
2. Circularity Initiatives: Initiate and support business case analysis for waste collection initiatives, working collaboratively with local cross-functional teams to drive sustainability efforts.
3. Stakeholder Collaboration: Establish strong collaboration with global and OpCo stakeholders, including HGP/GSC, Regional procurement directors, OpCo Procurement, CA, and SC teams. Ensure the seamless integration of the upstream strategy into local roadmaps.
4. Supply Chain Visibility: Develop Tier-2 and Tier-3 supply visibility and control, fostering a robust Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) program to position Heineken as a preferred customer.
5. Sustainability Focus: Support Heineken’s sustainability priorities, particularly those aligned with the “Brew a Better World” program. This involves reducing the carbon footprint and maximizing circularity in material sourcing.
In order to be successful in this opportunity we expect you to have:
- Education: University level/Masters Degree preferred.
- Work Experience: Minimum of 5 years of experience, with a strong background in direct materials procurement within the FMCG industry and/or Circularity projects management.
- Additional Expertise: Experience in packaging procurement and direct materials risk management is advantageous. Familiarity with managing potential investment Business Cases is a plus.
- Functional Skills: Ability to pivot between strategic planning, reporting, and operations capability building. A genuine passion for sustainability is essential.
- Languages: Fluent in English; proficiency in other languages is advantageous.
- Key Leadership Expectations: Shape, connect, develop, deliver, and role model HEINEKEN behaviors.
- Communication Skills: Proficient in managing relationships with stakeholders, even when their interests conflict. Capable of influencing others through effective communication, and adept at understanding the nuances of arguments and discussions.
- Other Skills: Demonstrates stress resilience, exceptional project management capabilities, and a talent for building collaborative relationships. Proficient in change management, influencing skills, and managing without direct control. Excels in dealing with uncertainty and confronting challenges constructively. Strong ability to set priorities.
The Global Upstream Manager role is pivotal in advancing Heineken’s commitment to sustainability and circularity in its upstream materials sourcing, making it an exciting opportunity for individuals passionate about driving positive environmental change within a global FMCG organization.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.