Master of Malt Trade
Wanted: Field Sales Manager
We’re looking for a passionate, dynamic Sales Manager (UK-wide) to drive commercial growth of our Wholesale footprint through Master of Malt Trade, while increasing distribution and growth of the Maverick Drinks brand portfolio across the on-trade channel.
You’ll lead an awesome team of on-trade Partner Managers to deliver exceptional value for our business partners – you’ll know how to make our business grow and stand out from the competition for one, but also what makes a sales team tick. Bringing an analytical mind-set, you are already fine tuned to identify opportunities, and boast a strong coaching style to engage your team to deliver against the business objectives.
We’re part of Master of Malt, a multi-award-winning drinks and technology start-up on a mission to disrupt the drinks industry. In everything we do, we are disruptive innovators; it is baked into our DNA to challenge orthodoxy and received wisdom wherever we find it.
We’re a rapidly growing distribution business representing a growing number of exceptional craft and boutique spirits. We’re excited to continue to drive change in the spirits industry by reducing our customers’ reliance on mainstream brands. We help our customers to deliver better experiences and higher margins by giving consumers access to top quality products.
We’ve worked hard to source one of the most exciting portfolios of spirits in the world, and we’re uniquely positioned to bring brands to life digitally — something increasingly important for modern drinks brands.
About The Role
We’ve given you a snap shot in the intro above, but here’s some more info on the day-today…
- Contribute to the creation of & implementation of the on-trade sales strategy in line with the Master of Malt Trade (Wholesale) and Maverick Drinks distributor strategic objectives in order to deliver against the budgeted growth targets for your channel.
- Reporting regularly on commercial performance, you will be ingrained in every aspect of the partners that your team manage, keeping one step ahead of risks and capitalising on every credible opportunity.
- You will input into all aspects of the customer marketing plan based on insights and trends you have established within your team.
- You will build effective trade relationships with key decision makers ensuring you successfully manage & develop our distribution, rate of sale (ROS), visibility and brand awareness in existing partners while continuing to focus on the expansion of new partners.
- Work closely with our marketing team to identify future opportunities within your account base, in order to drive growth and development of our brand portfolio in the focussed geographical areas.
- Manage the full commercial picture from accurate forecasting to A&P investment, and ensure that all marketing activity drives a positive return on investment.
- Attend channel and customer trade shows to broaden your network and influence across your customer base to create ongoing opportunities for the business.
- Through effective integration with the Maverick Drinks Wholesaler Partner Managers you will support the development and growth of our route to market partners through brand building and sales driving initiatives.
- Mentor and Lead the right behaviours of your team to establish clear ownership for their KPI delivery, entrepreneurial thinking and account management; you will also keep the team agile in its practices.
- Develop, coach and mentor team members to be the best they can be, building their confidence, guiding them in their learning and facilitating their career progression.
- Carry out the full performance review process with each team member, ensuring SMART objectives are set and regularly monitoring progress.
We’re a growing team of dedicated and talented individuals and we don’t know exactly what the future looks like, but we do know that we have a mission – to create unexpected delight as we help people explore, buy, and enjoy drinks more.
We all have our comparative strengths and skills, and the things we do during the day will typically align around a core set of tasks, but sometimes we need to drop our labels and do whatever is necessary for us. Essentially, we all have the same Job Description – to ‘make Atom successful.’
- You are highly capable of managing the full commercial picture, with strong numeracy skills, financial analysis skills and P&L management skills alongside working knowledge of marketing investment effectiveness and the importance of return on investment
- You bring solid experience of developing and implementing business processes and channel plan strategy, within the on-trade UK spirits industry, with demonstrable knowledge of movers and shakers (NPD experience would be a huge bonus).
- Great experience in full line management, leadership, motivating and mentoring a team is imperative.
- Strong understanding of trade and customer marketing, including brand execution, trade marketing, pricing and category development.
- Excellent negotiation skills, you are engaging and people-orientated. A resilient, tailored approach that respects and embraces individuality.
- Good IT competency, including Google Suite of apps along with ability to produce engaging presentations.
- This role is field-based and will require nationwide travel; a full UK driving licence is therefore required.
We’re all about boundless curiosity, so you’ll discover loads of opportunities to spark your creative flair and work along-side unreal talent who all have the same job description, to ‘Make Atom Successful.’ Trust is at the epicentre of all that we can do, so you’ll work in a transparent and honest environment where we have each other’s backs, and be free of aging corporate policies and rules.
Life here’s about so much more than pay and benefits – you might get a slightly higher salary if you cram onto an expensive, crowded commuter train into the city, but you’ll struggle to find a company with the flex, agility and unique-ness that we have. In short, we’ve got you covered financially but if money is your main driver, we’re not for you.
We hate waste in all of it’s forms and time is no different, so we’re focused on productivity and output rather than when or where you work, or what you wear into the office – you can come in fancy dress for all we care! This means that although we can’t promise anything, flexible working options are built into our DNA.
We don’t sit still, and there’s a lot more to come… Apply now if you want to join us.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.