The Henley Distillery
The Henley Distillery are looking to recruit a Distillery Assistant for an immediate start.
This is a full-time role – 37.5 hours per week
Monday to Friday
Hourly rate commensurate with experience
Free on-site parking available
Main duties and responsibilities
As a Distillery Assistant, you will help to ensure the smooth running of the distillery and bottling room. This includes all aspects of our production process from bottling and labelling to sorting and packaging. Working as part of a team you will assist with getting our award-winning gin and rum ready to be enjoyed by our customers.
As a young, high-growth company, there is the potential, for the right candidate, to progress upwards becoming an integral, core member of the team. Relevant training and certification offered.
The following duties are typical:
- · Operating bottling machinery, including filling machines, labelling machines, loading and unloading materials on to production lines. You will need to learn how to use the equipment safely and effectively.
- · Identify and respond quickly to safety, quality, or operational issues. Consult your bottling line supervisor when critical issues regarding product non-conformance, safety and production issues arise.
- · Cleaning and maintaining the bottling machinery and the bottling room itself. This includes cleaning the floors, benches, and machinery, as well as ensuring that all equipment is properly maintained and serviced.
- · Applying labels and preparing the bottles for shipping. This may involve working with a variety of packaging materials, such as boxes, shrink wrap, and pallets.
- · Maintaining accurate records of the production process, including the number of bottles produced, the quality of the products, and any issues that arise during the bottling process.
- · Responsible for following all health and safety guidelines in the bottling hall. This includes wearing appropriate personal protective equipment, such as gloves and lab coats, and following proper procedures for handling hazardous materials.
- · Work well as part of a team, by communicating effectively with all members of the team and being willing to help out with other tasks as needed and to ensure safe, efficient working.
- · Be conscious of all health and safety issues affecting the line area including the wearing of PPE such as safety eye protection, adopting and implementing good housekeeping practices.
- · Maintaining a clean workspace by undertaking general cleaning duties as you work, ensuring your work area is clean and tidy and complies with the Health and Safety and Hygiene policy.
Skills and experience
The skills and experience required for a distillery assistant include:
1. Being physically fit and able to stand for long periods of time, lift heavy objects, and perform repetitive tasks.
2. Good practical skills with the ability to work quickly and precisely.
3. Ability to work both independently and in small work teams – good team working skills.
4. Ability to stay focused while doing repetitive tasks, as well as being able to multi-task while being detail oriented and quality focused.
5. Ability to follow instructions with a strong commitment to health and safety by following all health and safety guidelines in the bottling hall.
6. Good written and verbal communication skills.
7. High level of manual dexterity.
8. Must have a flexible approach to work.
9. Demonstrate a sound understanding of manufacturing processes.
10. Strong work ethic and positive, “can-do” attitude.
A bit more about us…
We are an award-winning contract distillery producing spirits under our own brand (Henley Gin & Temple Island Rum) as well as for a broad-range of clients. Production is busy and varied – one day a van-load of lemons will be arriving from Amalfi ready to be hand-peeled to make Limoncello, the next day our four 300l copper alembic stills will be cleaned and citrus washed ready to be fired up to make batches of gin, rum & vodka. Clients consistently visit the distillery which is also open to the general public.
We are a small team unit with a strong work ethic and a passion for maintaining a positive, fun environment for everyone.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £10.50-£15.00 per hour
Expected hours: 37.5 per week
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- GCSE or equivalent (preferred)
- Food industry: 1 year (preferred)
Ability to Commute:
- Henley on Thames (required)
Ability to Relocate:
- Henley on Thames: Relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.