Job Title: Director, Food & Beverage
Department: Food & Beverage
Inspired and Supported by: Hotel Manager
Your purpose will be:
Reporting to the Hotel manager, the Director, Food & Beverage is accountable for the overall success of the Food & Beverage Division, which includes the performance of the bars and restaurant as well as in room dining, events, Kitchens and Back of house operations. The successful candidate must be creative, dynamic, collaborative, enthusiastic and passionate about Food and Beverage.
He/she will work to achieve maximum sales and profits as well as ensure guest and colleague satisfaction whilst adhering to established company policies and standards. He/she will form a close working relationship with the members of the Executive Committee and Department Heads. Analytical skills in menu design, coaching and leadership development as well as the ability to manage change are all important capabilities for this essential role.
Your key responsibilities & contribution will be:
- Plan and direct the hotel’s food and beverage operations ensuring the balance between delivering excellent guest service, maximizing returns and developing the highest potential from all colleagues.
- Assist in the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the hotel’s Business Plan, which includes the annual Operating Budget, Marketing & Sales Plan and Capital Budget.
- Oversee the development of menus, wine lists, promotions, specifications and standards for all food and beverage operations.
- Work closely with Sales &Marketing to ensure creative activations throughout the year to highlight the F&B offering
- Ensure the implementation of the hotel’s standards of guest service and constantly seek out ways to improve product and service as well as increase volumes and profits.
- Ensure the smooth operational effectiveness of the food and beverage operating departments through their respective Department Heads.
- Ensure the development and accuracy of monthly financial outlooks/forecasts for the Food & Beverage Division.
- Monitor and act on staffing levels and productivity targets along with labor forecasting
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of Food & Beverage capital projects.
- Be a hotel ambassador for the Savoy through social media and other channels
- Key member of the Leadership and Crisis Management teams.
- Work closely with Accor global procurement and the Savoy team to lead the tender deal negotiations and ensure spirit and wine volumes are being met throughout the year, retros being redeemed and marketing budgets used throughout.
- Active involvement in the recruitment process for all Food & Beverage positions to ensure the hiring of the very best candidates.
- Ensure regular, effective communication with all Food & Beverage colleagues through individual departmental communication meetings, daily briefings and divisional meetings
What you will need to do in this role?
- 5 to 7 years of experience in all facets of hotel Food & Beverage operations including a minimum 2-3 years of successful management experience essential. Previous Forbes five star experience is an asset along with luxury hotel experience.
- Strong culinary, beverage knowledge and a genuine passion and interest in the wider market
- Degree or diploma in Hotel Administration from a recognized University/College/Polytechnic Institution or equivalent work experience
- Creative and effective leader and team player, possessing a high degree of professionalism, emotional intelligence, communication, and administrative skills (including computer literacy), ambition, drive, energy, and determination.
- An appetite to drive continuous improvement and set a high performance culture across the F&B division.
- Strong financial and cost control knowledge and applications mandatory.
Please note that we believe in flexibility and multi-skilling, and you may be asked to do different tasks from time to time to enable us to meet the needs of our guests and colleagues.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary and benefits including pension and life assurance
- Laundry services & dry cleaning for uniform
- 31 days of holiday including public holidays (increase to 33 days after 5 years)
- Colleague restaurant
- Colleague gym facility and gym membership discount
- ‘Be our guest’ complimentary hotel stay after successful completion of probation
- Employee assistance program
- Cycle to work scheme
- Savoy hotel discount and discount across Accor hotels worldwide
- 50% discount at Gordon Ramsay’s River Restaurant and Savoy Grill within the hotel
- 20% at Gordon Ramsay restaurants outside the hotel
- 50% discount at our iconic American & Beaufort Bars
- 50% discount at our world famous Afternoon Tea
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.