Berry Bros. & Rudd
Job Title Digital Community & Content Manager, No.3 Gin
Reporting To Global Brand Controller, No.3 Gin
Location No.3 St James’s Street, London, Berry Bros & Rudd.
Hybrid working available (3 days working in the office, 2 days working from home)
Berry Bros. & Rudd is more than 325 years old, but we never stand still. As the world’s best and most trusted fine wine and spirits merchant, we are committed to helping our customers drink better, now and in the future. A career at Berry Bros. & Rudd is a unique and rewarding experience, combining the rich background of centuries of history with a modern family-owned culture, built on ambitious plans and with people at its heart.
The job in a nutshell
Over the last three years No.3 growth within the Ultra-premium Gin category has accelerated as the brands footprint has enlarged in key markets such as the UK, Italy, and USA. This includes the launch of an evolved luxury strategy and platform where digital is increasingly important. Both owners, Berry Bros & Rudd and Edrington are committed to support brand growth with significant investment in digital brand building and community platforms to deliver an Ultra-Premium experience of the brand in key markets.
The Digital Community & Content Manager role is perfect for an individual with proven experience in premium and luxury consumer digital marketing, brand building in social media as well as luxury content creation, and successful results from leading PPC campaigns and e-com strategies in international markets.
The individual is expected to work collaboratively with the No.3 Global Team and will need to set out and lead the delivery of integrated digital brand building / e-com sales strategy, aligned with Global Brand Strategy. They will develop and manage a clearly defined content creation plan per fiscal year as well as the global social media calendar. The candidate must also be comfortable in delivering reports on digital performance across markets against agreed KPIs.
Overall, an exciting role that involves a lot of creativity, strategic planning and importantly hands-on challenger-brand entrepreneurship.
Who you will work with
- Global Brand Team No.3 Gin (Brand Controller, Brand Manager and Brand Ambassador)
- External distributors in key markets
- Distributor No.3 Brand Teams
- Global Commercial Director & Brand Sales Managers
- Marketing agencies, specifically creative, media and PR
- 3rd Party distributors
- Key Customers (e.g. Amazon)
What you will do
- You’ll develop an in-depth understanding of the industry, the No.3 brand identity and become an expert of responsible digital marketing representing the brand on all digital platforms.
- Develop and own the digital community & content strategy, from digital media planning, creative content briefing to delivery, execution, and reporting performance. This includes coordination of key digital agencies, consultants, and internal/external team members.
- Proactively set targets, share performance, and generate opportunities, working closely with external distributors to make sure the digital campaigns help to achieve our targets as well as global objectives.
- Continuously evolve the No.3 websites aligned with global campaigns into execution and delivery across all Web, SEO/SEM, database marketing, email, social media, and display advertising campaigns.
- Work closely with brand teams internal & external (IT, UK, USA, DE) and their agencies to provide and implement distinctive, relevant content plan that delivers the brand’s digital strategy.
- Work closely with the Global Brand ambassador as well as local ambassadors, to plan, execute and evolve advocacy content connected to No.3 Gin Academy and the Global Cocktail Competition.
- Act as consultant to our e-com sales team to give expertise input in optimizing e-com campaigns, mainly Amazon.
- Identify and apply relevant digital consumer & e-com trends and insights to keep BB&R digital capability moving forward ahead of key competitors. We are a small agile brand where ideas are welcome.
- Own the digital monthly SOV report and analysis as well as quarterly performance report including relevant digital metrics such as reach, engagement, conversion, CPM.
What you will bring to the role
- Digital Comm’s Expertise
- Passion for social media and the industry
- Leadership skills
- Strategic Thinking
- Strong communication skills
Experience / Achievements
- Experience of creative design platforms such as in-design and photo shop as well as video editing tools.
- Proven experience in social media marketing, within client or agency across international markets.
- Experience in delivering integrated digital strategy, led by global brand strategy.
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media, and/or display advertising campaigns.
- Solid knowledge of website and marketing analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture,, etc.)
- Experience in setting up and optimizing PPC campaigns on all major search engines.
- Proven project leadership in creating content for digital platforms, optimizing landing pages, social comm’s and UX.
- Proven experience in managing external consultants and agencies from brief to execution to performance analysis.
- Degree level education
- 1-3 years of experience in similar role
What we offer
- Office space in one of the world’s most historic locations in exceptional iconic buildings.
- Working for the UK’s oldest wine merchant with established family values.
- Opportunity to experience and closely work with the world’s top bars, hotels, and restaurants.
- Working in an agile and diverse environment where creative and innovative thinking is praised.
Please note, you must have the Right to Work in the UK in order to be considered for this role.
We support our colleagues with a wide range of benefits: you will start with 24 days’ holiday, and 3 additional days over the Christmas period and 1 Personal Day, Private Medical cover & Health plan, Life Insurance, Pension, Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), generous Employee discount (up to 40% off products), and many more.
Closing date – 8th February 2024
N.B. We reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date in the event of an overwhelming response or a change in business priorities.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.