Customer Marketing Lead – Managed & RTM 12 month Fixed term Contract
Your Manager: Head of Consumer Marketing
Location: Hybrid working
Pernod Ricard UK is part of Pernod Ricard, number two in wines and spirits. We are a convivial, passionate, entrepreneurial and dynamic company with 320 employees based in the UK, and are responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of Pernod Ricard’s leading premium spirits, wines and champagnes.
Pernod Ricard holds one of the most prestigious brand portfolios in the drinks sector, including 19 brands among the top 100 worldwide. Our key brands in the UK include ABSOLUT vodka, Jameson Irish Whiskey, Beefeater and Plymouth Gins, The Glenlivet Scotch whisky, Havana Club rum, Malibu rum, Chivas Regal Scotch whisky, Perrier-Jouët champagne and our premium wine brands Brancott Estate, Campo Viejo and Jacob’s Creek.
Build and develop a fully integrated team that delivers strategic direction in
building brands towards our consumers through advocacy, brand in hand experiential programs, trade advocacy and digital amplification.
About your role
The key purpose of this role is to lead a team of Customer Marketing Executives and Managers to develop the relevant
investment and activation strategy to create world class customer marketing plans across Pernod Ricard UK’s Wine, Spirits and Champagne portfolio. The plan will marry up both brand and customer strategies with the most effective and innovative marketing solutions for mutual growth.
Critical to the success of this role will be turning category & consumer insight into compelling activation that considers the consumer’s path to purchase and how to best motivate conversion and advocacy at critical moments in the consumer’s purchasing decisions and consumption moments
Your team will be at the forefront of the path to purchase creating disruptive activation in the major on-trade Managed arena contributing significant influence on the UK High Street. You will drive share through RTM channel supporting the key customers such C&C and regional RTM who are strategic in our portfolio objectives. To achieve these objectives you will drive consumer footfall and purchase through advocacy, activation and digital amplification.
- Develop relevant brand and portfolio activation strategies to ensure the implementation of category leading campaigns that take into account the full breadth of the portfolio at key selling periods
- Develop channel investment strategies to ensure a prioritisation of relevant activation by account to deliver the greatest strategic & financial return
- Activation Plans driving brand in hand objectives
- Oversee the implementation and evaluation of customer marketing plans within A&P budget
- Regular reporting back to senior team on campaign updates and evaluation of past activities to ensure a culture of on going knowledge acquisition and developing greater marketing efficiencies
- Management of marketing and procurement agencies and their performance
- Regular presentations of plans to customers
- To encourage fresh thinking and a dynamic, entrepreneurial mind-set to imbed the Customer Development team’s vision of being Daringly Disruptive – pushing the boundaries of what is possible to develop market leading campaigns that position Pernod Ricard as thought leaders in shopper / customer marketing
- Sales Communication
- To develop compelling, insight-led sell-in tools every time to our customers and internally to our teams to create buzz and excitement around our plans
- Financial responsibility for customer marketing A&P
- Monthly reconciliation of A&P
- Annual allocation of A&P by customer
- Evaluation of campaigns ROI
- Reports to Head of Experiential & Consumer Activation
- Works closely with all Marketing teams to ensure full alignment against all projects and events – consultation and delivery of briefs
- Works closely with RTM and Managed Retail team
- Effective communication with Managed Retail team, RTM team BEAT, BAE’s and Customer Marketing to gain alignment and regional mastery
- Event agencies where appropriate fostering strong working relationships to drive high performance
- Corporate Communications – consultation and delivery briefs and propose alternative solutions to briefs in deemed appropriate
- Trade and consumer influences where appropriate
- Brand homes within the UK
- Communications team – Trade PR
- Digital team
Channel Director – Ontrade
- Procurement team
- MDA – POS storage
What you need
Growth Mindset: Forward thinking, embodying a vision that translates into inspiring strategies. Thrives in a complex and changing world deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
Deliver Through Collaboration: Achieves results while balancing rigorous planning and flexible transversal collaboration. Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Consumer Centric: Develops consumer intimacy with a focus of technology to innovate and create more value for the consumer and Pernod Ricard.
Bold and Agile: Decisive and courageous even in the face of difficult and complex situations and always learns from past experiences. Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said in a respectful way.
Open and Authentic: Role Models who instil trust, engage teams by giving and receiving feedback and constantly fostering open dialogue.
Grow Diverse Teams: Leverages and values diversity of profiles to build empowered teams and develops talents creating a sense of belonging in an environment that promotes Pernod Ricard values.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.