Chapel Down Group
Chapel Down (AIM: CDGP) is England’s leading and largest winemaker and the power brand of English wine, the world’s newest international wine region. From its home in Kent in the heart of the Garden of England, Chapel Down produces a range of sparking and still wines which consistently win prestigious international awards for their quality. Chapel Down has over 1,000 acres of vineyards, of which 750 acres are fully productive.
Chapel Down’s status as the most recognised English wine brand is supported by its partnerships with flagship sporting and cultural events including Ascot, the Boat Race and Pub in the Park, and Chapel Down is the ‘Official Sparkling Wine of the England and Wales Cricket Board.
Chapel Down is listed on the London Stock Exchange’s AIM and has over 8,000 retail investors who enjoy discounts on Chapel Down’s wines and tours and tastings at the brand’s home at Tenterden Kent, which each year attracts c60,000 visitors.
Chapel Down is strongly committed to growing its business in balance with the environment and sustainability is a strong, ongoing focus. The company is a founding member of Sustainable Wines of GB and practices sustainable viticulture.
Location: Southwark (Hybrid, 4 days per week in the office)
The Commercial Analytics team, sits within Finance, and is responsible for interrogating multiple data sources to provide actionable insights and reporting for Chapel Down. This is an opportunity for a data driven professional to help to develop the commercial reporting and market insights to inform business strategy and planning. The Commercial Analyst will report to the Senior Commercial Analyst and work alongside multiple commercial teams and be involved in a broad variety of projects.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
Support the Senior Commercial Analyst across a broad range of data analysis, insight and reporting:
Commercial data and reporting
- Analyse & interrogate business performance data from Chapel Down finance systems. Eg. channel mix, SKU profitability
- Develop and maintain management reporting on business performance statistics
Budgets and forecasting
- Preparation of Budget and Latest Estimate Forecasts for sales and marketing including stock management and planning with the operations team.
- Support the commercial team on customer and product performance analysis. eg. customer profitability, sales mix
- Assist on commercial business cases for major new business pitches and tender renegotiations
- Develop a commercial tool kit, eg. deal calculator templates, distribution trackers
- Utilise major retailer EPOS data to develop actionable insights that drive performance on shelf
- Reviewing trade marketing for analysis into ROI
- Support the commercial team on consumer and product performance analysis. eg. customer group profitability, sales mix to develop recommendations on pricing strategies,
- Supporting build of business cases for our Tenterden Retail site to inform strategies for investment and growth
Marketing Campaign Performance
- Evaluation of campaign effectiveness, budget management and optimisation of deployment of funds
- Working with our data and analytics analyst to support campaign planning with market insights and consumer profiles
Knowledge, Desired Skills and Experience
- You will be a personable and engaging communicator capable of building effective professional relationships
- You will have experience of data analysis and reporting
- You will be numerate, articulate, and commercially minded
- You are a proficient user of Microsoft Office applications
- You are highly organised and able to manage multiple priorities
- Competitive Salary
- Performance related bonus
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company socials
- Enhanced family leave policies
- Employee Assistance Programme
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.