We are looking for a Business Development Account Manager to join the team at Lucky Saint as we continue our mission to become the defining alcohol-free beer. In this role your key focusses will be growing our distribution throughout the world of impulse by winning lots of new customers and also nurturing and growing our existing business too.
We are a team who passionately care about the brand and maintaining exceptionally high standards at all touch points of the business. We’re interested in people who want to spearhead a revolution in the industry with us, who are curious, entrepreneurial, commercial, and restless to make magic happen.
Our founder, Luke Boase, launched Lucky Saint in late 2018 with an ambition to change the perception of alcohol-free beer and the drinking experience, worldwide. Since the launch of our 0.5% Superior Unfiltered Lager, Lucky Saint has become the UK’s #1 dedicate alcohol free brand, won The Grocer’s Gold Award for Drink of the Year in 2023, receivinged widespread support and appreciation from top industry professionals, the UK’s best operators, and the media.
A day in the life in this role: your day could start with contacting your latest new business leads that were generated from sending out buyer engagement boxes, so you can arrange meetings for the week ahead and keep your sales pipeline full. You might then have a meeting with a new convenience retailer where you listen to their needs and show them how Lucky Saint can help drive their category growth. Stop for a bite to eat in The Lucky Saint Pub and a stroll around Regent’s park before heading off to visit one of our biggest wholesalers to lead an afternoon onboarding their Sales team, so they feel super knowledgeable about Lucky Saint and are pumped to reach out to their customer base and sell in grow both businesses. You then finish the day popping into some stores to see what’s new in the world of impulse and check Lucky Saint is looking great on shelf.
Salary Range: £40k – £45k
- Winning new business: win distribution and stocking points across new impulse and convenience accounts
- Activation: implement “best in class” trade plans for all new listings by working closely with trade marketing and the buyer to drive trial and awareness of Lucky Saint with promotions and instore theatre to establish & and grow rate of sale
- Lead generation: work with wholesalers, buying groups and industry experts to always have a full pipeline of opportunities.
- Relationships: Create and maintain exceptional relationships with customers and internal functions
- Growth: manage and grow our key existing icon accounts and wholesalers
- Collaborate: with similar sized FMCG brands who operate in the impulse channel to share learnings and new business ideas
- Events: Attend key industry events to grow awareness of Lucky Saint and help win more business
- Ownership and accountability of your targets and customer P&Ls
- Leadership: lead cross functional ways of workings alongside Category, Supply, Marketing, Finance
Who you are:
- Experience: You have at least 2 years FMCG experience of winning new business across one or more of: impulse, out of home, convenience, grocery, field sales
- New business: You have a thirst and hunger for winning new business
- Curiosity: You are a brilliant listener, who seeks to understand more about our retailers and how we can help them win
- Tenacity: You never give in, you find a way to win in the right way and don’t stop at the first no
- Accountability: You are empowered to lead your channel and don’t wait to be asked
- Creative problem solving: You have experience of using creative ways to engage with buyers and then turn that engagement into a listing
- Category: You have an understanding of category data and can create category-based sell ins
- Commercials: You have a brilliant commercial understanding of the P&L, and know how to sell and negotiate like a pro
- Story telling: You can simplify complex messages into a clear, concise, exciting story
- Adaptable: You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and can juggle competing priorities
- Rapport: You can build excellent rapport with customers and colleagues to help build trust and achieve outstanding results
- You are passionate about the low and no / alcohol sector and helping the world drink better
What’s in it for you
- £salary range depending on level of experience
- Annual bonus based on company and individual performance
- Vitality Health Insurance
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- 3% employer pension contribution, 5% optional employee contribution
- Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Share options
- 20 x Lucky Saint allowance per month!
- Unlimited Lucky Saint and 40% off food and drink at The Lucky Saint
- Flexible working
To apply for this job please visit luckysaint.bamboohr.com.