Nine Twenty are excited to be working in partnership with CVH Spirits in their need for an Assistant Distillery Manager to join their Bunnahabhain Distillery on the Isle of Islay.
CVH Spirits are an ever-growing, ambitious creator and global distributor of premium spirits and wines with a focus on Single Malt Scottish Whisky. As well as a bottling plant and state of the art blend centre, CVH Spirits own three whisky distilleries in Scotland including Bunnahabhain, the most northern distillery on Islay. Situated at the end of a small single-track road, on the shores of the Sound of Islay, Bunnahabhain is known for its spectacular surroundings and delicious signature unpeated Islay Single Malt Whisky.
This is a really exciting time to join CVH Spirits and the Bunnahabhain Team as they position themselves for growth, offering you an exciting career journey. As part of this hands-on role at Bunnahabhain you will leverage your problem-solving skills using the ‘5 Why’ approach, driving continuous improvement throughout. With your active involvement in onsite projects geared toward an environmentally sustainable future for the distillery, you’ll be at the forefront of positive transformation.
As a deputy for the Distillery Manager, you’ll play a crucial role in upholding essential management and compliance tasks whilst being responsible for the seamless operation of the distillery. You will ensure that the distillery, the workforce, and its processes align seamlessly with the company’s production and marketing expectations. You will oversee various processes, including distilling, filling, and warehousing.
This is an opportunity to make a substantial impact by maintaining operational excellence, employee growth through coaching, and championing environmental sustainability and you will play a pivotal part in the distillery’s successful evolution.
Responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Supervision of all distillery operations
- Adherence to strict quality standards & process parameters ensuring safe systems of work are monitored and maintained throughout the site whilst maintaining cleanliness & hygiene
- Liaise with internal & external visitors and regulatory bodies
- Preparation & issuing of permits to work – write & review health & safety documentation i.e risk assessments, SOP’s
- Maintain site security in line with Excise standards
- Maintain distillery records & prepare reports including monthly HMRC submissions
- Managing employee absence & staff cover
- Lead on Continuous Improvement and drive this across the teams
- Monitor losses, energy & water usage carrying out investigations & reporting
- Identify maintenance requirements across the site
- You will come from a Distilling, Chemical or Process Driven Environment
- You will be knowledgeable in HSE standards and ideally experienced working with risk assessments and safe working practices
- You will come with a strong continuous improvement mindset
Please apply directly or contact Caroline Strachan:
07825 450 978
To apply for this job please visit www.weareninetwenty.com.