Location: Loanhead, Midlothian, Scotland
Job type: Full-time, 40 hours per week, permanent
Hours: Monday – Friday: 6.45am to 3.15pm; Option to work Night Shifts approx. 6 weeks/year
Salary: £22,900 per year plus 50% bonus for any night shift hours
Benefits: 30 days annual holiday allowance inclusive of bank and statutory holidays. Plus additional day after one years’ service and enhanced benefits at 5 years’ service. Weekly beer and trade sampling allowance, staff discount and company pension contribution. Stewart Brewing Active and Community Action perks.
Reporting to: Production Manager
Who we are:
Stewart Brewing is an award winning, Midlothian-based brewery, which is undergoing substantial growth in an exciting market. Located in the Bilston Glen Industrial estate in a custom-built brewery, with a team of 50 full-time employees, the business is all about quality, exceptional service and a fun and progressive team environment.
In the last few years we have doubled fermentation capacity, commissioned a new packaging facility and become one of the first craft breweries in the UK to implement CO2 capture.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Operation of canning and bottling line including de-palletising and palletising equipment and clean-in-place (CIP) equipment
· QA Checks including beer sign-off and hygiene verification
· Maintaining cleanliness and organisation of production areas
· Routine inspection and maintenance tasks on production equipment
· Cask and keg washing and filling
· We are happy to support continuous professional development for an enthusiastic and dedicated employee, generally through the Institute of Brewing & Distilling
· For employees who show aptitude, dedication and a can-do attitude, there are long-term opportunities for progression to the following areas and beyond:
o Running packaging lines
o Forklift training and operation
o Cellaring: vessel CIP, centrifuge, dry-hopping, transfers, CO2 capture
o QA lab work
o Option to work night shift for 6-12 weeks per year at +50% pay rate
We are looking for a loyal and trusted employee who will play a large part in the growth of this established company. This is a physically demanding job which requires the operative to work in a variety of environments, including warm, cold, noisy, and occasional work at heights.
This is a fast-paced place of work where adaptability, teamwork and communication skills and a can-do attitude are key. Experience of working in a similar role in a dynamic Production environment would be highly advantageous.
If you fit the description above, we’d love to hear from you. We encourage applications from candidates of any sex, gender, race or background.
CV and cover letter to: [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.