We created bbb in 2012 because we love independent brands.
We set out to identify brands that we could nurture and develop, resulting in the exciting portfolio of brands we have now
Fast forward to now and we specialise in spirits import and distribution, with our ethos still the same as when we started: independent brands are the drinks of choice. They have authentic stories to tell and we tell them honestly, without compromise.
How do we achieve that? We share with our clients the belief that growing a brand is about more than just sales figures. It’s about being open with our expertise, communicating honestly and working collaboratively. That’s how we grow the distribution of our spirits brands.
One of our brands is Hedonista de la Fe for whom we are recruiting this role on behalf of. The successful candidate will work alongside the bbb team, the role will be specifically focused on the Hedonista de la Fe Brand.
Who Are Hedonistas de la Fe?
Hedonistas de la Fe artisanal Mezcals, launching in the UK this autumn, are handcrafted premium mezcals with deep, rich and complex flavours. They are created from recipes passed down through four generations of a single family in Matatlan, Oaxaca. These unique mezcals gained critical acclaim when launched in the USA last year and are crafted using a 500-year-old tradition, the entire process from harvest to distillation remains non-mechanized and additive-free.
Hedonistas de la Fe mezcals are produced in partnership with Mezcal Santa Maria and the Santiago family, which is headed by Gerardo “Kaín” Santiago Hernandez, a fourth generation maestro mezcalero raised in Matatlan—his bloodline is mezcal. He is inseparable from this place.
As a child, Kaín helped his family in the agave fields and fully immersed himself in all facets of the craft of mezcal production.
Three of the four varietals are made from wild agave, with the exception of the Espadin. Each varietal embodies unique flavours reflecting the terroir and craftsmanship of the Santiago family recipes and far exceed the standards of other premium mezcals.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Passionate about the drinks industry and educating others
- Great with people and enjoys building relationships
- Positive, upbeat and tenacious
- Flexible and adaptable in a fast-moving company & industry
- Creative and innovative with ideas to help move the business forward
- Driven and highly self-motivated
You should have a passion for great products, a willingness to learn a brand story inside out, be able to offer ways to serve, an ability to be creative with how you educate, thrive on building positive relationships, get a kick out of teaching others about the brand, have a level of curiosity, intention to want to challenge yourself and a strong understanding of the purpose why you are selling Hedonistas de la Fe. We want you to be excited about the brand as much as we are and have itchy feet to tell all people about it!
Ideally you will have a sound grounding in premium spirits, sales and bartending or cocktail experience alongside a passion for educating and introducing people to new products.
The Role – Hedonistas de la Fe UK Brand Ambassador (Part-Time)
You will have plenty of opportunity to make your mark on the business, growing sales and your own customer account base primarily in the London region but also throughout the UK. You will be an integral part of the launching and development of the Hedonistas de la Fe brand while we first bring the product to market.
You will work both independently and as a team to achieve agreed sales targets and distribution plans, sharing both successes and challenges.
You will divide your time between: identifying and developing new sales leads, being out and about selling the virtues of Hedonista to customers and leading training sessions on the brand to customers & consumers. You should be willing and able to maintain and develop existing and new customers. Optimising quality of service, business growth, and customer satisfaction through close contact and sound knowledge. Where appropriate, you will endeavour to conduct staff training and customer tasting events to ensure Hedonistas de la Fe products are properly served and staff are able to confidently communicate the key features of the products to their customers.
There is a large emphasis on independence and proactively marketing the Hedonistas de la Febrand through organising tastings, masterclasses and events. Devising and implementing an account visit plan for your account base, prioritising identified opportunities for sales growth and ensuring that all accounts receive levels of support appropriate to their present and potential business is vital to the role.
- Managing relationships with your own account base and growing customer revenues
- Building and maintaining a pipeline of customers; on- and off-trade
- Developing relationships with key decision makers in the market
- Building a strong presence for the Hedonistas de la Fe brand in your region
- Implementing and delivering exciting, market-leading events on behalf of our brands
- Delivering in-person drinks tastings with customers
- Leading in-person staff trainings and events (drinks dinners, meet the producer nights)
- Field sales and account management
- Representing the brand at trade events and festivals
The candidate should be flexible and willing to work occasional evening and weekends where required (any weekend work will accrue an additional Holiday day.)
How will we help develop you?
- Full company Induction and Brand Training
– Sales shadowing
– Account handovers
– Training & Event shadowing
– Virtual tour of Distilleries and Distillery visits where appropriate
– Process and CRM Training
– Sales KPIS put in place with Sales Director
- Pitching / Proposal Training
– Building effective proposals – training with Sales Director
- Development Plans put into place
– Weekly meetings to access opportunities together with Sales Director
– Monthly meetings with whole team to access progress on KPIS
– Quarterly Reviews of personal development
– Quarterly Meetings to access company progress
- Monthly Engaging Events with our brands
– Access to our Inquisitive Drinks programme with all our brands in the portfolio and encouragement to invite your customers
- International Visits
– Visits to our other international partners when appropriate
What we can offer you
- 20 hours per week with room for increasing time as the brand grows
- Exciting, close knit and dynamic team
- Training and development in FMCG and alcohol industry including in depth beer and spirit training
- Autonomous working environment and flexible working
- Salaried position with performance bonus
- Free attendance at consumer and industry tasting events, festivals, trade shows and launches etc.
- Accelerated Role development and increased responsibilities as you develop
- The opportunity to work on an award winning Distillery
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to be a key part of an ambitious, growing team with vast scope for career progression.
We look forward to hearing from you and if you have any questions don’t hesitate to get in touch.
If you wish to apply, please email your CV to [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.