Remuneration and Package
- Salary £44000- £56000
- 37 days holiday + 4 Giving More Days
- Attractive pension
- Share reward scheme
- Flexible working
- Global wellbeing programme
- Product Allowance
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Brand Manager NPD to join The Macallan team based in our Glasgow Office. Reporting to the Head of Brand Execution, this is a critical role that helps drive the development and launch of new products across The Macallan portfolio, ensuring that the proposition and messaging behind each new product or product family is of the highest possible standard and that all key stakeholders and markets receive best in class communications. This role works in close collaboration with the Creative team, Whisky Making team, and Brands Packaging team, amongst others.
- Maintain a good awareness and understanding of evolving consumer trends affecting the brand/category (and wider luxury sector), including consumer typologies, needs, occasions, drivers and channels.
- For ‘new to world’ products, ensure the Creative team is briefed appropriately on the requirements for the SKU/product family at ideation stage, as required to fulfil the Portfolio Strategy. Collaborate closely with the Creative Team to ensure the concept evolves to design freeze in alignment with the original brief. From design freeze hand-over, lead the design and delivery of an impactful launch strategy to maximise commercial impact of the new product.
- For ‘continuation’ products (e.g. annual releases, super-aged releases), manage the entire NPD project from idea capture through business case, design freeze and launch as required, or via the EPCR process where changes are minor. Development of all packaging requirements, working in close collaboration with the Brands Packaging team and within agreed brand world guidelines.
- Collaboration with Whisky Making team to foster close links between liquid, story, messaging and overall product proposition.
- Development of materials, assets and tools to help local markets successfully launch products, ensuring that global launches are coordinated closely for the most aligned and impactful introduction.
- Ongoing maintenance and support of the existing range to ensure that it maintains alignment with the portfolio strategy and delivers against the brands’ ‘best in class’ aspirations.
- Nurture a close relationship with markets to make sure we can execute the global initiative in a consistent, effective and efficient way.
- Work closely and very collaboratively with the Education, Creative, Brands Packaging, Whisky Operations, Finance and Legal teams to make sure that we provide appropriate content and clear direction for the global projects and support local markets in their execution.
- Develop a close relationship with the Campaigns, Web, Digital & social media, E-commerce and PR teams to ensure our products given best chance to succeed in the online and offline world.
Skills And Experience
To be successful in this role, you have experience in the world of new product development, brand and project management and the knowledge and ability to translate brand world guidelines into the execution of luxury packaging and market assets. You are highly organised, have excellent attention to detail and the ability to calmly manage and communicate across multiple concurrent projects.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.