Whyte & Mackay
Job Title: Brand Home Guide – Jura – Seasonal
Location: Jura Distillery, Craighouse, Isle of Jura
Contract: Seasonal – March to October 2024 – Monday to Saturday –10:00 – 15.00 over 5 days (30 hours p/w) Part Time/Job Share would be considered.
Date vacancy will close: Friday 02nd February 2024. Where we receive high numbers of applications we may close vacancies early. If you think this is the right opportunity for you please don’t delay in applying!
Who we are:
Born in Glasgow, made in Scotland and enjoyed around the world. Whyte and Mackay is home to a collection of multi-award-winning global whisky brands led by The Dalmore, Fettercairn, Jura and Tamnavulin. Our mission is to be a driving force in whisky, renowned for building brands that stand-out. Enabled by our brilliant community of 700 colleagues, reaching across 16 countries and counting. We’re led by our values, continuing to grow and invest and looking for great talent to join our brilliant community. Ready to hear more?
What the opportunity looks like:
The Brand Home Guide is responsible for conducting regular tours at the Distillery and assisting at the Brand Home shop to provide excellent customer service and sales to our target audience.
- Greet customers in a warm and friendly manner, ensuring the best levels of service at all times.
- Lead enjoyable & authentic guided tours of the distillery delivering the key messages across brand, process, history and products .
- Assist in the maintenance and standards on the shop floor for all displays and merchandise.
- Set up and break down tastings, clean glassware and clear up after guests.
Skills and experience that will help you be a success:
For this role we’re looking for:
- Previous experience within a customer service environment, preferably within retail.
- Previous experience of working with the public is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
We believe that everyone has the potential for growth in our roles! You may feel you don’t tick every box for this role, but if you believe you have relevant experiences that could help you succeed we’d much rather you apply rather than rule yourself out based on any self-limiting beliefs!
Why join us:
We offer a competitive salary, bonus package, life assurance, competitive pension, excellent product allowance, 35 days annual leave, plus enhanced family friendly policies.
Our application process:
If you like what you’ve read and want to explore this opportunity further, please apply before the closing date.
Should you require any adjustments to our recruitment process to help you be at your best then please contact us at [email protected] and we’ll do what we can to support.
To apply for this job please visit careers.whyteandmackay.com.