Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits
Open your future to incredible career potential. Work for an industry-leader who invests in their people. Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits is North America’s preeminent wine and spirits distributor, as well as a family-owned, privately held company with a 50+ year legacy of success. We were named by Newsweek as a Most Loved Workplace and are included on the Forbes lists for Largest Private Companies and Best Employers for Diversity.
As a full-time employee, you can choose from a full menu of our Top Shelf Benefits, including comprehensive medical and prescription drug coverage, dental and vision plans, tax-saving Flexible Spending Accounts, disability coverage, life insurance plans, and a 401(k) plan. We also offer tuition reimbursement, a wellness program, parental leave, vacation accrual, paid sick leave, and more.
At Southern Glazer’s, you’ll enjoy an environment where continuous learning and growth are supported and experience a culture where you are respected, and your voice is heard. If you’re looking to fill your glass with opportunity, come join our FAMILY.
Serve as the primary liaison between the local market and designated suppliers and lead a team in becoming experts at generating supplier program activations that deliver exceptional results. Develop strategic direction for priorities of subordinates to meet volume and value targets through optimal allocation of resources and adherence to brand strategy/standards.
- Maintain constant communication modes between Division field sales team and supplier marketing (brand & local)
- Implement and drive company-wide sales strategies to achieve sales goals
- Plan, execute and evaluate sales, promotion, and marketing programs
- Lead and direct the Supplier Planning Initiatives, including supplier meetings, programming communication, and business review/planning meeting with SGWS leadership
- Direct the design, planning, and implementation of new and existing marketing initiatives that align with supplier goals
- Manage purchasing, supplier shipment, and local delivery of assigned-supplier portfolios for incentive planning and inventory
- Ensure brand pricing and gross profit is aligned to strategy by channel
- Assist Commercial Finance team in the management of funds and banks as related to local marketing and brand planning
- Utilize various available analytic tools to identify local market intelligence and opportunities – consumer shifts/trends, channel dynamics, key account (NAOP/ chains) dynamics, etc.
- Ensure all business intelligence program tracking is accurate, timely and aligns with regional and individual state reporting
Additional Primary Responsibilities
- Develop and enhance relationships with the trade through participation in food/wine/industry-related events
- Survey retail outlets monthly to determine and track competing brands and wholesalers
- Coach, direct, and counsel team on overall performance; define expectations and monitor progress
- Attract, retain, and motivate the team to maintain an engaging work environment and to ensure sound policies and procedures adhered to
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Seven years of relevant experience
- Able to obtain and meet industry licensing requirements as needed
- Must possess a valid driver license and secure and maintain auto-liability insurance by state laws
- Physical demands with activity or condition for a considerable amount of time may include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or mobile device
- Physical demands with activity or condition may include walking, bending, reaching, standing, squatting, and stooping
- Physical demands with activity or condition for a considerable amount of time may include driving throughout the day with segments up to 2 hours
- May require lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 56lbs
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.