It is almost time for Christmas and there are plenty of seasonally-inspired whisky gifts available…here are just 5 Christmas present ideas for 2023 inspired by the holiday season.
The online retailer The Whisky Exchange has released a seasonal rich, fruity single malt matured entirely in ex-sherry casks and laid down at a Speyside distillery 15 years ago. By carefully marrying these casks together, they have been able to create a complex dram filled with nostalgic notes of fruit cake, clementines, hazelnuts and plum pudding. As the name suggests, it’s an old-fashioned profile that recalls the traditional sherried malts of years gone by.
The Glasgow Distillery offers the opportunity to buy a personalised 50cl bottle of its Glasgow 1770 Single Malt scotch whisky. Messages can be added to the bottle label with a note from the person sending it on the box, as per the example above. Depending on their flavour profile of preference, there are two choices of whisky available: Glasgow 1770 The Original, a fresh and fruity signature single malt; or Glasgow 1770 Peated, a rich and smoky single malt.
Douglas Laing’s seasonal release of The Big Peat is now a firm fixture in the calendar and as the first ever Big Peat Christmas Edition finished in sherry casks, this special release encapsulates the flavour of Christmas in a bottle. It is the ultimate winter warmer and is sure to get you in the festive spirit!
This Christmas Cake & Dark Chocolate & Medjool Dates & Cinnamon whisky evokes the seasonal spirit by taking a Speyside single malt Scotch whisky, aged for eight years and adding a sleighful of Yuletide elements. A whisky for those who love sherried single malts.
Celebrate the festive season with a Mince Pie Old Fashioned cocktail made with Buffalo Trace Bourbon, Chai-infused Calvados, Demerara Syrup, PX Sherry, Angostura bitter, and water. Alternatively, you can also gift it as part of the Kocktail Festive Cocktail Collection pack available along with the Gingerbread Espresso Martini and the Winter Spiced Negroni.
For more ideas – check out the Inside the Cask Christmas Past present ideas:
- ‘Top 5 Christmas Whisky Gifts’ (2020)
- ‘5 Christmas present ideas for 2021‘ – including: Secret Garden Christmas Gin and Seasonal Gift pack; Black Cow Christmas Spirit vodka; Cocktail Advent Calendar by Mixtons; Everleaf x RALA Candles collaboration; The Really Good Whisky Company whisky tasting gift set
- ‘5 Christmas present ideas for 2020‘ – including: Christmas cards with a Dram; Invite a friend to a Virtual Tasting or Show; The Gift of Education; Gift a genuinely Crafted Whisky Product; a drink and a Christmas Jumper
- ‘5 Christmas present ideas for 2019’ – including: Christmas Alcoholic Crackers; Enhancing the Drinks Occasion at Home; Alcohol Flavoured Foods; Books; Experiential Gifts
- ‘5 Christmas present ideas for 2018’ – including: Alcoholic Advent Calendars; Alcohol Baubles; Drinks Hampers; Xmas Gift Subscription; The Drinks Gift Set
- ‘Top 5 Christmas Whisky Gifts‘ – including: Christmas/ Winter Limited Releases; Christmas Advent Calendars; Christmas Whisky Angels, Baubles and Festive Crackers; Whisky Gift Sets; New Releases