The Scotch Malt Whisky Society (SMWS) is celebrating 40 years of discovery with the Flavour Hunters Festival in May 2023. The Flavour Hunters Festival is an extraordinary celebration of whisky that offers whisky enthusiasts a unique and immersive experience – from exclusive tastings and educational masterclasses to culinary pairings and special festival bottlings. The aim of the festival is to capture the essence of exploration and discovery, whether you are a seasoned whisky connoisseur or simply a curious newcomer.
In 2023, the Flavour Hunters Festival promises an unforgettable journey into the captivating world of Scotch malt whisky and you can join in through the Virtual Tasting taking place on Tuesday 30th May at 8pm BST with special tasting packs available to purchase by members.
- Tasting Pack with 5 x 25ml bottles plus world class multi award-winning monthly Outturns of around 20 new single cask, single malt bottlings in an ever-changing variety of flavours.
- Member’s Rooms at venues in the UK, where you can sign in up to three guests on each visit.
- Society drams and discounts in around 100 SMWS partner bars around the world.
- Virtual and in-person whisky tastings, events, festivals and other whisky experiences held at the SMWS Members’ Rooms, partner bars and other venues in the UK and around the world.
- Expert advice and personal guidance about all of the SMWS whiskies from their Dram-cierge team.
- Exclusive access to Unfiltered magazine online every month, with the best whisky writing and photography to inform, entertain and stimulate your taste for whisky adventures.
- Membership card and lapel pin badge.
To join the Scotch Malt Whisky Society and get involved with events beyond the Flavour Hunters Festival in May, you can opt to become a member and if you use code DISCOVERY23 you can receive a FREE Festival Discovery Pack with your membership (subject to availability).
Discover the thrill of the taste, inside each Festival Pack:
- Distillery 3 The finesse of a fragrant furnace
- Distillery 24 Massive oak extraction
- Distillery 53 Blowtorched Mexican mousse
- Distillery 93 Lock, stock and two smoking funnels
- Distillery G16 Dark ’N’ Stormy Crème Brûlée
Download here your SMWS Flavour Hunters Virtual Tasting Mat
The Scotch Malt Whisky Society (SMWS) is renowned for its exceptional selection of single cask, single malt whiskies and each year it celebrates whisky exploration and discovery through the Flavour Hunters Festival. This unique event brings together whisky enthusiasts from around the world to indulge in a remarkable array of flavours and experiences. Click here for the full programme of events taking place in 2023.
Disclaimer: This post has been created in collaboration with The Scotch Malt Whisky Society and may include some affiliate links.