Ever thought of visiting your favourite distillery, brewery or vineyard, to raise a glass and spend the night there? Here is a list of some brands that offer the opportunity to stay within their grounds as part of a staycation (or even a holiday abroad!).
BrewDog’s Doghouse Craft Beer Hotel (Columbus OH USA)
The world’s first hotel inside a craft brewery including 32 beer-themed rooms with draft beer on tap in each. BrewDog also has developed the BrewHouse Kennels, city centre mini-hotels situated above BrewDog bars.
Other Beer Hotels include some of the following:
- Adnams Brewery/ The Swan in Suffolk, England (UK) has a hotel next door with the restaurant and bar taking their names from the old still and tap rooms.
- Click here for a list of Microbreweries with accommodation in England (UK)
- Napa Valley Brewing Company/ Calistoga Inn in the heart of wine country, has been producing beer since 1987 in California (USA).
- Dogfish Head/ Dogfish Inn in Lewes Delaware (USA) and it includes a brewery with 16 rooms on offer.
- Erdinger Weissbräu/ Zum Erdinger Weißbräu located in the Bavarian town of Erding (Germany) and the headquarters of Erdinger Weissbräu. The brand claims to be the largest wheat beer brewery in the world.
Isle of Raasay Distillery’s Borodale House (Raasay, Scotland)
This Victorian-era villa incorporated within the Isle of Raasay Distillery has been beautifully restored into a luxury whisky hotel, executive lounge and visitor centre. Borodale House offers arguably, one of the best views from any distillery in Scotland over to the Isle of Skye (UK).
Other Distillery Hotels include some of the following:
- Bowmore Distillery/ Cottages in Scotland are traditional Islay cottages which were once home to Bowmore distillery workers. Dating back to the 1840s, each cottage has been renovated. Alternatively you can stay at the Harbour Inn, only a short walk from the distillery.
- Ardbeg Distillery/ Seaview Cottage is another option during a stay in Islay, being located in the centre of the distillery and which was once the home of the Distillery Manager.
- Isle of Jura Distillery/ Jura Hotel is in the village of Craighouse in Scotland and only a few meters from the distillery.
- The Glenmorangie Distillery/ House in Scotland is set a few miles from the distillery in the Highlands of Scotland.
- Annandale Distillery/ Cottages in the Scottish southern region of Dumfries and Galloway (UK).
- Dornoch Distillery/ Dornoch Castle Hotel in the Scottish Highlands is set in the historic town of Dornoch and situated directly opposite the 12th century Dornoch Cathedral.
- Strathmashie Distillery/ Cottage is located within an area of outstanding natural beauty at the geographical centre of Scotland in the Cairngorms National Park and it is the home of Daffy’s Gin.
- The Distillery London is home to Portobello Road Gin and the gin-blending experience, The Ginstitute, The Resting Room, The Malt Floor, a private dining room, and three guest lodgings.
Further afield, there are also other examples of visitors having the opportunity to stay at their favourite distilleries. In Peru, you can visit the Destilería La Caravedo, which has been producing Pisco since 1684 and stay at Hacienda La Caravedo.
At the Matices Hotel de Barricas you can go even further and sleep inside a barrel. This is located at the La Cofradia Distillery in Tequila, Mexico
Another option in the town of Tequila in Mexico is the boutique hotel, Casa Salles. This luxury accommodation is set within scenic grounds adjacent to the working distillery of ‘La Guarreña, and producing the tequila brand El Tequileño – one of only 8 brands of tequila that is exclusively made at its own distillery.
If you prefer the idea of wine and the beautiful vineyards, you can wake up in the heart of an English Vineyard…
Rathfinny Wine Estate’s Flint Barns (Polegate, England)
The Flint Barns are unique and historic buildings, located in the Cradle Valley, that lie at the western end of the Rathfinny Wine Estate, allowing you to enjoy the picturesque landscape of the South Downs National Park.
Other accommodation at vineyards include some of the following:
- Quinta dos Vales Wine Estate in Portugal – visitors can take advantage of both a tranquil countryside get-away as well as being close to the Algarve (the estate is located 15 minutes’ drive from several award-winning beaches).
- Llanerch Vineyard Hotel in the Vale of Glamorgan, Wales (UK) is a stylish hotel in the Welsh countryside on a vineyard with an award winning restaurant and cookery school.
- Ortega Holiday Cottage/ Polgoon is dedicated to producing a range of artisan Cornish wines, ciders and juices on the family-run vineyard and orchard in Penzance, Cornwall (UK).
- Click here for the Great British Vineyards Guide to Accommodation.
- Click here for Vineyard Hotels by FarmStayPlanet.