UK Field Based role with Maverick Drinks. Click to find out more.
Maverick Drinks is a rapidly growing distribution business representing a large number of exceptional craft and boutique spirits produced both in the UK, and abroad. Our mission is to drive change in the spirits industry by reducing our customers’ reliance on mainstream brands. We help our customers to deliver better experiences and higher margins by giving consumers access to a higher quality product.
You will get to lead the conversation with our eCommerce customers around our stable of multi-award-winning brands including Bathtub Gin (Ableforth’s), FEW Bourbon, That Boutique-y Whisky Co, Balcones, The Blended Whisky Co, Wolfburn, Origin Single Botanical Gin, The Handmade Cocktail Co, 1897 Quinine Gin and Darkness!.
We are growing at an astronomical rate. Hundreds of percent year-on-year, and that growth is still accelerating. We’re in the process of a global roll-out programme, and our brands are about to hit the US market.
WHAT YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO DO
You will be responsible for driving distribution and growth of the Maverick Drinks brand portfolio across the fast growing eCommerce channel, acting as a consultant to the trade and bringing partners on the craft spirits journey.
- You will create the eCommerce strategy in line with the Maverick strategic objectives and develop strong business plans in order to deliver against the budgeted growth targets for your channel.
- You will manage the full commercial picture from accurate forecasting to A&P investment, and ensure that all marketing activity drives a positive return on investment.
- You will drive the digital marketing agenda for your core stable of partners, whilst imparting knowledge and expertise across the rest of the commercial team to capitalise on eCommerce opportunities within their customer base.
- You will seek to create innovative and engaging campaigns that enhance our craft spirits message and embed our brands in the consumer’s purchasing repertoire.
- You will act as the eCommerce consultant for our online specialist retailers and manage the profitability of the customers accordingly.
- Working closely with our Head of Brand Development, you will identify future opportunities within your account base, and create compelling craft category propositions.
- Attending channel and customer trade shows, you will broaden your network and influence across your customer base to create ongoing opportunities for the business.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- You will have a proven track record of managing one or more of the pure play eCommerce retailers (including but not exclusive to; Amazon, Ocado, Tesco Direct), with demonstrable experience of growing value within these key customers.
- You will have grounded commercial experience within an account management capacity or similar, coupled with an understanding of the inner workings of a P&L.
- You will have extensive experience in developing digital marketing campaigns, carrying out pre-activity evaluation, executing brilliantly and measuring quantified ROI efficiency.
- You will have exceptional knowledge of how to drive best use of digital media with the realms of the customer offering.
- Ideally, you will have delivered exceptional NPD launches within the spirits category.
- You will be educated to A-level or equivalent, or ideally to degree level.
- A WSET qualification at a higher level would be desirable.
- You will have a passion for achievement, integrity and drive with a strong desire to make things happen.
- You will be entrepreneurial in nature and you will possess a strong sense of purpose, be proactive and capable of working autonomously.
- This role is field based and will require national travel, therefore a full UK driving licence is required.
To apply send an email, cover letter and a copy of your CV/ resume to: [email protected]
Please quote ‘Inside the Cask’ as your reference so that we can continue to support the drinks industry charity, The Benevolent, through donations
MAVERICK DRINKS AT WHISKY LIVE 2017 – VIDEO