Asia based role with Heaven Hill Brands. Click to find out more.
This role reports into Justin Ames, the Director of International Sales & Marketing.
The Regional Manager position will be responsible for overseeing the execution of suppliers’ strategic initiatives, managing importers and distributors in the region of Asia. The successful candidate will ensure that current customers are planning and programming the brands to reach company objectives. They will also develop new business relationships to further growth.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
- Minimum seven (7) years sales experience in spirits or wine industry in the region
- Maintain relationship with distributor/importer and sales team
- Prospects potential distributor partners
- Manage the development, implementation and execution of business plan with distributors
- Recommend proper retail pricing in the marketplace in order to develop pricing and appropriate level of A&P. Manage budgets to ensure profit targets are met.
- Ensure sales force is focused on our brands and executing sales activities consistent with plan
- Manage T&E budgets.
- Evaluate and report market performance – depletions, shipments, inventory, pricing, points of distribution – to HQ
- Responsible for educating distributor, key retailers/accounts, and sales staff
- Stay informed and knowledgeable of customer and consumer trends
- Identify and capitalize on new distribution methods, route to market, and direct to consumer sales channels (Amazon, internet, delivery, etc.)
- Inform management of laws, regulations and policies that govern a market
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Business Development skills to prospect and recommend new business or improvement of current business partners
- Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes the ability to assess and evaluate a business plan to ensure that it meets strategic and revenue requirements.
- Excellent critical thinking skills using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Analytical skills, in particular gathering data from a wide variety of sources, and presenting it in formats suitable for a wide variety of audiences
- Good managerial and effective presentation skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be customer–centric with good negotiation and business expansion skills
- Proficient using Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Will involve some nights and weekend work due to nature of the industry
- Will require extensive international travel, up to 40%
Valued but not Required Skills and Experience:
- Emphasis in Management and/or Marketing
- Advanced computer proficiency
Reporting to this position: Direct Reports – Sales Managers
To apply send an email, cover letter and a copy of your CV/ resume to: [email protected]
Please quote ‘Inside the Cask’ as your reference so that we can continue to support the drinks industry charity, The Benevolent, through donations