San Francisco/ Los Angeles CA USA Field Based role with Maverick Drinks. Click to find out more.
Location – San Francisco/Los Angeles – field-based
Reporting to – US Country Manager
Responsible for – No direct reports
Closing date for applications – 12 October 2017
Are you mad about gin, rum and liqueurs? Do you have the personality, drive and thirst for challenge to turn an exciting opportunity into a profitable proposition for our trade partners? How do you fancy working with some of the most interesting craft spirits and liqueurs around? Well look no further….
You will be responsible for introducing the Ableforth’s brand to our US distribution partners and demanding love for the brand. Engaging a commercial mindset and harnessing your entrepreneurial spirit, you will identify opportunities to develop crucial relationships within the trade, and will generate increased sales and brand-equity for the range.
Ableforth’s is a multi-award-winning range of spirits and liqueurs crafted without compromise from the very finest ingredients. Each bottle is lovingly wrapped, tied and wax-dipped by hand. The brand is already enjoying phenomenal success in both the on-trade and off-trade throughout the UK and we need someone to develop the same success across the West Coast US markets.
WHAT YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO DO
This role is highly dependent on commercial aptitude and extensive experience of spirits brand education and marketing.
- With your passion for craft spirits, you will act as brand advocate for the range in everything you do.
- You will build outstanding relationships with our US distribution partners, using your leadership and influence to drive Ableforth’s as a brand priority amongst local sales teams. You will also develop and cultivate relationships with key influencers in the on- and off-trade.
- You will assist US distributor commercial teams on the brand educational aspect of Ableforth’s as part of the commercial sales process.
- Using your inspirational presentation skills, you will deliver training sessions for key influencers in both the on- and off-trade by responding to (the right) requests for training and information sessions.
- You will proactively introduce new outlets (both on- and off-trade) to the brand by means of cold-calling and other forms of lead generation.
- To create attention for Ableforth’s, you will attend trade shows and enthuse the on- and off-trade visitors about the brand, and by so doing, you will increase listings and sales.
- You will also attend consumer shows, festivals and product tastings to introduce the public to the brand and generate increased off-trade sales.
- Your outstanding communications skills will be demonstrated as you act as a voice and face for the brand with media outlets including magazines, trade press and TV.
- You will provide input into – and potentially run – the brand’s US social media accounts (with help and guidance from the global marketing team) including Facebook, Twitter, and others
- By liaising with the US country manager, you will provide input into local market plans, campaigns and assets.
- Working closely and collaboratively with local distribution partners, you will contribute significantly to the organisation and implementation of events, seeing the solutions and not the problems
- You will provide input into the development of any range of extensions, NPD, or recipe changes to the Ableforth’s range.
- You will have clear accountability to drive an increase in sales in your area, and will be expected to deliver a monthly progress report to the US Country Manager for dissemination to Head of Export Sales.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- You will have significant experience in spirits brand education and working in globally influential on-trade.
- You will have exceptional skills in building strong relationships.
- You will also excel in public speaking and will be able to demonstrate this, along with direct, honest internal communication
- You will be able to work smart, with strong organisational and time management skills
- We will expect you to have an undergraduate degree as well as formal industry qualifications from the Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET).
To apply send an email, cover letter and a copy of your CV/ resume to: [email protected]
Please quote ‘Inside the Cask’ as your reference so that we can continue to support the drinks industry charity, The Benevolent, through donations
MAVERICK DRINKS AT WHISKY LIVE 2017 – VIDEO