UK role with Atom Group Ltd based in Tunbridge Wells – some travel to Edinburgh is required. Click to find out more.
Atom Group Limited is a disruptive, multi-award-winning business with a focus on spirit drinks. Alongside running a distribution agency and owning a portfolio of best-in-category spirit drinks, we operate the UK’s premier spirit drinks retail website, masterofmalt.com. Turnover in our most recent financial year was comfortably in excess of £20m and we’re growing aggressively year-on-year.
About the Excise Compliance Manager:
We are looking for an energetic, confident and intelligent professional to join our growing Compliance team (which sounds like the ugly step-sister of a rock ’n’ roll business but which categorically isn’t). We want an innovative, cool-headed team-player with irrepressible hustle.
The ideal candidate will be intimately familiar with United Kingdom excise duty management and control systems, in particular with the excise duty applicable to spirit drinks, and will have played a leading role in the management of excise warehouses. But don’t let us put you off if a managerial role remains an aspiration at present – if you’re smart and ambitious, we should talk. We have a track record of creating rather than hiring management talent, and we recognise that The Right Stuff can be just as important as the CV.
The work of the team is important and taken seriously. We want you for your experience and your acumen, and you’ll be enfranchised, supported and resourced so that you can deliver. Your input will help to defend us against the consequences of regulatory lapse, but even more important will be ensuring that our excise-related authorisations never lag behind our business needs or constrain our operations.
Responsibilities of the Excise Compliance Manager:
- The flow of spirits into, through and out of our excise warehouses;
- Applying for further excise warehouse approvals;
- Compliance with alcohol-related regulatory regimes, including SDVS and AWRS;
- Ownership of excise goods in third party warehouses pursuant to the WOWGR;
- Duty stamps and duty drawback;
- The provision of training and support to front-line operational staff;
- And routine reportage to HMRC.
Requirements of the Excise Compliance Manager:
- High intelligence and a fast, enquiring mind;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- To not be afraid of getting your hands dirty when it’s all hands to the pump;
- The ability to work independently, as part of a team, whilst holding your breath…;
- A forensic attention to detail (including a pathological love of pedantry); and
- You will be a great cultural fit for our growing, dynamic, international team.
You’ll report to our General Counsel, who sits on the board. You’ll also have managerial responsibility for the supervision, development and growth of the Compliance team.
To apply send an email, cover letter and a copy of your CV/ resume to: email@example.com