UK Field Based role with Maverick Drinks. Click to find out more.
Are you mad about gin, rum and liqueurs? Are you a visionary, with the ability to see beyond the current way of working in global travel retail and set a new vision for driving growth via developing the category of craft spirits? How do you fancy working with some of the most interesting craft spirits and liqueurs around? Well look no further….
You will be responsible for driving distribution and growth of the Maverick Drinks brand portfolio across global travel retail channels, delivering the craft spirits category proposition, executing trade marketing campaigns and acting as a consultant to the trade, bringing customers on the craft spirits journey. Engaging a commercial mindset and harnessing your entrepreneurial spirit, you will identify opportunities to develop crucial relationships within the trade, and will generate new business for the range.
Established in 2013, Maverick Drinks represents a number of producers from the US and Europe, focusing on craft spirits because consumers are increasingly looking for products with provenance, authenticity, and craftsmanship they admire.
In 2013, Maverick Drinks was named IWSC Spirits Distributor of the Year and our work has been featured in numerous UK on-trade and consumer lifestyle publications, as well as The New York Times. We continue to lead the UK in distributing craft spirits whilst also working with trade organisations and industry bodies to drive awareness of craft distilling.
To be a successful distributor requires much more than organizing transportation and logistics. We source products that bring something genuinely unique and refreshing to a UK market dominated by mainstream brands. We give these brands life and introduce them to the bartenders and consumers who appreciate and celebrate the fact that they’re different.
WHAT YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO DO
This role is highly dependent on commercial aptitude and extensive experience of spirits brand education and marketing.
- With your vision and entrepreneurial spirit you will aspire to take global leadership of the craft spirits category within the travel retail channel. Your role is to position Atom Brands as the authority on the craft spirits category, not only with regards to category knowledge but also with respect to the roll out of truly innovative NPD and spirits of the highest quality.
- You will build, maintain and develop a global travel retail roll out strategy with focus on gaining distribution for Bathtub and Rumbullion! with all major travel retail partners.
- Using your outstanding relationships in travel retail, you will create new business opportunities within this channel.
- You will manage the full commercial picture from accurate forecasting to A&P investment, and ensure that all marketing activity drives a positive return on investment.
- Using your expertise on the craft spirits category and consumers, you will share category trends and insights to facilitate product ranging, leading to a greater presence for our brands in the travel retail channel.
- You will drive distribution, visibility and rate of sale of the Ableforth’s range, and subsequently leverage these listings to further establish distribution of the wider Atom Brands portfolio
- Utilising the wider internal team, including our brand ambassadors, you will deliver liquid, brand and category training to embed our brands and drive value for the customer.
- You will attend channel trade shows and industry specific events to broaden your network and influence across the potential customer base to create ongoing opportunities for the business
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- You will have a proven track record of having managed large travel retail customers, ideally including customers such as World Duty Free, DFS or Heinemann.
- You will have experience in delivering exceptional NPD launches within the spirits category
- It is essential that you have a strong, demonstrable skill set in developing new business as the customer base expands
- You will have strong commercial acumen and numeracy skills with the ability to identify mutually beneficial value growth for both our partners and Atom Brands.
- This role is field-based within the UK; however, it will require global travel and therefore a full UK passport and driving licence are required.
To apply send an email, cover letter and a copy of your CV/ resume to: email@example.com
Please quote ‘Inside the Cask’ as your reference so that we can continue to support the drinks industry charity, The Benevolent, through donations
MAVERICK DRINKS AT WHISKY LIVE 2017 – VIDEO